How do I cheat?
Joined: 06 Nov 2009
|Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:09 pm Post subject: [Tutorial] Out of system resources/Canvas doesn't allow draw
|Hey, me and some people i know was having the error "Out of system resources" and "Canvas does not allow drawing" on Cheat Engine 5.5+ (the error puts the select process icon and the Memory Browser Hex Editor at X:0 Y:0 and removes the caption and border of Cheat Engine), so i was trying to discover how to fix this "problem".
Today, doing nothing, i find out how to solve it.
1) Go to Cheat Engine 5.5 folder.
2) Right click at Cheat Engine.exe and selecet Properties
3) Select Compatibility tab.
4) Tick the box that deactivates visual themes.
5) Apply and run Cheat Engine.exe normally.
1) Download and open Cheat Engine Source.
2) Remove the XP Manifest control.
3) Remove XPMan from the uses list.
4) Compile Cheat Engine.
PS: The error only happens in Windows XP and with Cheat Engine 5.5 or newer versions.
PSē: I found a thread reporting this error to Dark Byte and he said that this error is caused by GDI Hooks made by protection system, but this is not what happens because the error also occours with nothing special running and no process attached.
It would be nice if was released two exes in the installer, one with XP theme and the other without it.