Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


HDD not being detected

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
oib111
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 2947
Location: you wanna know why?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: HDD not being detected Reply with quote

Well I had a Trojan that was totally destroying my computer so I took out my HDD and hooked it up to my parents computer and scanned with Malware, Norton, and AVG and cleaned it out. But when I put it back into my computer it's not being detected. I have the power plug in and the data cable and the jumper in the right position. I'm guessing the data cable is slightly popping out or something, so I held it in during the boot but it still didn't get detected.
_________________


8D wrote:

cigs dont make people high, which weed does, which causes them to do bad stuff. like killing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Waly
Master Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 293

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that it has to do with you cleaning out the virus, but when you start it, does it say specifically that there is no hard drive, or does it say "enter boot device"?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oib111
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 2947
Location: you wanna know why?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just doesn't detect it. If you go into BIOS and look at the boot order, it says:

Floppy Drive
USB
CD 0
CD 1

There's no HDD in there Confused

_________________


8D wrote:

cigs dont make people high, which weed does, which causes them to do bad stuff. like killing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nick :3
I posted too much crap
Reputation: 5

Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 2220

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure there's a partition on it?
If it hasn't got a partition it wont be detected

_________________
Ego vos irrumabo et confutuabo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oib111
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 2947
Location: you wanna know why?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it has a partition lol.
_________________


8D wrote:

cigs dont make people high, which weed does, which causes them to do bad stuff. like killing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Karakawe
I post too much
Reputation: 3

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 3899

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltimateDestiny wrote:
Are you sure there's a partition on it?
If it hasn't got a partition it wont be detected

Why wouldn't there be one?
@OP: I'd guess that it's the SATA/IDE connection between your hard drive and motherboard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nick :3
I posted too much crap
Reputation: 5

Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 2220

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karakawe wrote:
UltimateDestiny wrote:
Are you sure there's a partition on it?
If it hasn't got a partition it wont be detected

Why wouldn't there be one?
@OP: I'd guess that it's the SATA/IDE connection between your hard drive and motherboard.

He said he had a trojan
That could have deleted it

_________________
Ego vos irrumabo et confutuabo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oib111
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 2947
Location: you wanna know why?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um....it didn't. And I figured it out, I wasn't pushing it in hard enough LOL.
_________________


8D wrote:

cigs dont make people high, which weed does, which causes them to do bad stuff. like killing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tylermoore
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Posts: 187
Location: ottawa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltimateDestiny wrote:
Are you sure there's a partition on it?
If it hasn't got a partition it wont be detected


First off, Ultimate Destiny... Don't be stupid a hard drive does not require a partition to be picked up. In order for a hard drive to be picked up you must make sure the data cable is correctly installed to both the hard disk and the motherboard. In this case I know that he's using a master and slave based hard drive. For this to work the data cable needs to be plugged in properly to show that the Hard Disk is a master instead of slave or something like that. If it makes sense?

But never in my life have I heard such a bull shit suggestion saying if there is no partition it won't be detected? Sorry to say this but you should learn a thing or 2 about partitions before you guide people of false information.

I'm not entirely sure if what I said would be correct but simple way of putting it is to rearrange the wiring of the data cable so that you can detect the hard disk.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Nick :3
I posted too much crap
Reputation: 5

Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 2220

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylermoore wrote:
UltimateDestiny wrote:
Are you sure there's a partition on it?
If it hasn't got a partition it wont be detected


First off, Ultimate Destiny... Don't be stupid a hard drive does not require a partition to be picked up. In order for a hard drive to be picked up you must make sure the data cable is correctly installed to both the hard disk and the motherboard. In this case I know that he's using a master and slave based hard drive. For this to work the data cable needs to be plugged in properly to show that the Hard Disk is a master instead of slave or something like that. If it makes sense?

But never in my life have I heard such a bull shit suggestion saying if there is no partition it won't be detected? Sorry to say this but you should learn a thing or 2 about partitions before you guide people of false information.

I'm not entirely sure if what I said would be correct but simple way of putting it is to rearrange the wiring of the data cable so that you can detect the hard disk.

When i bought my HDD it wasnt being detected anywhere. So please GTFO

_________________
Ego vos irrumabo et confutuabo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Karakawe
I post too much
Reputation: 3

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 3899

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltimateDestiny wrote:
tylermoore wrote:
UltimateDestiny wrote:
Are you sure there's a partition on it?
If it hasn't got a partition it wont be detected


First off, Ultimate Destiny... Don't be stupid a hard drive does not require a partition to be picked up. In order for a hard drive to be picked up you must make sure the data cable is correctly installed to both the hard disk and the motherboard. In this case I know that he's using a master and slave based hard drive. For this to work the data cable needs to be plugged in properly to show that the Hard Disk is a master instead of slave or something like that. If it makes sense?

But never in my life have I heard such a bull shit suggestion saying if there is no partition it won't be detected? Sorry to say this but you should learn a thing or 2 about partitions before you guide people of false information.

I'm not entirely sure if what I said would be correct but simple way of putting it is to rearrange the wiring of the data cable so that you can detect the hard disk.

When i bought my HDD it wasnt being detected anywhere. So please GTFO

Was it DoA? >_>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylermoore
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Posts: 187
Location: ottawa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys he fixed the problem so stop replying and don't tell me to get the fuck out when it shows you know fuck all... He had a loose wire...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites