Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


AA script help please
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gogodr
I post too much
Reputation: 125

Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2041

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: AA script help please Reply with quote

is there any way to change the 4 bytes value of an address with AA script ?

Last edited by gogodr on Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jani
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 2

Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 804

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addy:
dd DEADBEEF

Addy:
db DE AD BE EF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
&Vage
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0

Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 1053

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

mov eax, addy
mov dword ptr[eax], DEADBEEF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jani
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 2

Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 804

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_void_ wrote:
Code:

mov eax, addy
mov dword ptr[eax], DEADBEEF
Won't work unless, it's executed somewhere. I think you might have knew it, but the other guy might not know it :)

Last edited by Jani on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gogodr
I post too much
Reputation: 125

Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2041

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o.o? mind to explain x_X?

my project is simple
I want to change "Address" value to 1 with AA script xP
if possible

I'm going to use

[ENABLE]
the code
[DISABLE]
the code (( I got the original values xP ))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jani
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 2

Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 804

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogodr wrote:
o.o? mind to explain x_X?
You've 2 opinions. The first: just open your AA editor, type:
Code:
401000:
DD ABADBABE // 195934910d

And the value at 401000 will change to ABADBABEh

DD stands for define dword, DB define byte

The other way: hook some addy and write eg.
Code:
push eax
mov eax, ABADBABE // 195934910d
mov [401000], eax
pop eax

This one will change the value at 401000 to ABADBABEh after it has been executed.

So, easiest way:
Code:
[enable]
401000:
dd BAADF00D // The new value

[disable]
401000:
dd FACEFEED // The old value


Last edited by Jani on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
&Vage
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0

Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 1053

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jani wrote:
_void_ wrote:
Code:

mov eax, addy
mov dword ptr[eax], DEADBEEF
Won't work unless, it's executed somewhere. I think you might have knew it, but the other guy might not know it Smile


Yeah I knew it, it's useful if you want to change a couple of addresses without all those messy stuff, just codecave it. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
madeinqc
Master Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 25 Jul 2006
Posts: 356

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's 2 option
1-
Addy: //Addy is the address where you want byte to be changed
dd DEADBEEF //define a DWORD and assing Value DEADBEEF (the value that you want) at the Addy Adress

2-
Addy:
db DE AD BE EF // Here it define Byte Directly instead of a DWORD... it's the same thing except that the order is reversed (because computer read reverse)


that's it in big...
Code:

mov eax, addy
mov dword ptr[eax], DEADBEEF


that will work too but this code need to be executed... the other 2 just need to be ticked in CE



so for example:

Code:
[enable]
00401000:
db 90 90 90 90

[disable]
00401000:
db 84 75 22 43


this code will change byte when activated at your address (here at 00401000 for example) and will restore them when desactivated

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jani
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 2

Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 804

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_void_ wrote:
Yeah I knew it, it's useful if you want to change a couple of addresses without all those messy stuff, just codecave it. :)
Well, depends. If I wanted to change the value there just once right after enabling the script, I'd definitely go with DD/DB. Otherwise, if I wanted to change it when it's accessed/sth, or constantly, then I'd hook some addy and codecave it. I see no point doing extra work and modifying other memory you don't need for a simple thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gogodr
I post too much
Reputation: 125

Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2041

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bassically I want this like
with this values

1 and 1122238464((original value))

it will be like this right?

[enable]
address:
db 1

[disable]
address:
db 42E40000
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jani
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 2

Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 804

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogodr wrote:
bassically I want this like
with this values

1 and 1122238464((original value))

it will be like this right?
Your new value would be 01 E4 00 00 that way. Use DD if you want to define a dword, or pad with zeroes:
Code:
[enable]
address:
dd 1

[disable]
address:
dd 42E40000


db 01 00 00 00 would work too


Last edited by Jani on Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
&Vage
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0

Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 1053

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jani wrote:
gogodr wrote:
bassically I want this like
with this values

1 and 1122238464((original value))

it will be like this right?
Your new value would be 01 E4 00 00 that way. Use DD if you want to define a dword, or pad with zeroes:
Code:
[enable]
address:
dd 1

[disable]
address:
dd 42E40000


db 00 00 00 01 would work too


db dw dd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gogodr
I post too much
Reputation: 125

Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2041

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jani wrote:
gogodr wrote:
bassically I want this like
with this values

1 and 1122238464((original value))

it will be like this right?
Your new value would be 01 E4 00 00 that way. Use DD if you want to define a dword, or pad with zeroes:
Code:
[enable]
address:
dd 1

[disable]
address:
dd 42E40000


db 00 00 00 01 would work too


what conversion it is?
I was using the Hex conversion with my Windows Calculator xP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jani
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 2

Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 804

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogodr wrote:
what conversion it is?
I was using the Hex conversion with my Windows Calculator xP
Not gonna answer that, read your own post and then compare it to mine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gogodr
I post too much
Reputation: 125

Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2041

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jani wrote:
gogodr wrote:
what conversion it is?
I was using the Hex conversion with my Windows Calculator xP
Not gonna answer that, read your own post and then compare it to mine.

oh lol XP
I feel so stupid right now
no no.. seriously xP

01 E4 00 00

=

42E40000 ????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites