Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to INCREASE (not just change or frezee) a value

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luiz_borges
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: How to INCREASE (not just change or frezee) a value Reply with quote

I searched the forum for this but couldn't find it, there is anyway to make a trainer that instead of changing the value of an address to a fixed value, just increase its actual contents.
This way, you have 3 Lives, and everytime you press Ctrl+L your Lives counter increases by 1, going 4, 5, 6.

This can be done in the Cheat Engine program with the "Set Hotkey/Increase value with:" function, but how can i make that in a trainer?

Luiz Borges
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: How to INCREASE (not just change or frezee) a value Reply with quote

luiz_borges wrote:
I searched the forum for this but couldn't find it, there is anyway to make a trainer that instead of changing the value of an address to a fixed value, just increase its actual contents.
This way, you have 3 Lives, and everytime you press Ctrl+L your Lives counter increases by 1, going 4, 5, 6.

This can be done in the Cheat Engine program with the "Set Hotkey/Increase value with:" function, but how can i make that in a trainer?

Luiz Borges

Use an Auto-Assemble script, since you can now implement them into a trainer quite easily.

Here is an auto-assemble script example:
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=4870

You can also find an older (but still working) example in the cheat engine.hlp.
luiz_borges
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Zhoul, i've thought about that, but the point here, is where to inject the auto-assemble code, since the user may what to add lives at any moment.
So, I guess I must need to find the main program loop (how to do that??), AND also, the auto-assemble code must run just once for this to work (how to make it runs, then it automatic un-inject itself??)

Luiz Borges
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luiz_borges wrote:
Thanks Zhoul, i've thought about that, but the point here, is where to inject the auto-assemble code, since the user may what to add lives at any moment.
So, I guess I must need to find the main program loop (how to do that??), AND also, the auto-assemble code must run just once for this to work (how to make it runs, then it automatic un-inject itself??)
Luiz Borges

You're right about finding some kind of loop that runs constantly, but that's really not too hard. Look for something that updates the graphical display numbers or something like that...

As for making it loop once:

- Make the script check a place in memory that is never used, and usually all 0's.
- Make the script add, to the value of balls, the value in that memory space.
- Make the script zero out that memory space when done.
- Setup another hot button that writes 1 to that place in memory.

That's just one of the countless ways I can think of (But probably easiest to describe) to accomplish this task. I do agree though, that it'd be nice if the trainer maker had a feature to add/subtract X from [address].

Then again, Most of the trainers I wind up making are being ported to VB anyhow to negate all that Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: