Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just asking for some help.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hit_Me
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Just asking for some help. Reply with quote

does anyone have anyone have any tips on how to go about finding the right address to change a value. In simpler terms: If I had 1700 money and something costs 7500 I realise that I can decrease the cost or increase my money, but when I scan for either I get tons of results and I can't just change all of them. What should I do?
Thanks in advance,
Hit_Me
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Just asking for some help. Reply with quote

Hit_Me wrote:
does anyone have anyone have any tips on how to go about finding the right address to change a value. In simpler terms: If I had 1700 money and something costs 7500 I realise that I can decrease the cost or increase my money, but when I scan for either I get tons of results and I can't just change all of them. What should I do?
Thanks in advance,
Hit_Me

There are many reasons this can/could happen.

1. You're probably scanning for a 4-byte value. But It's possible that the money is held in a different data type, or is encrypted. If it were a float, or encrypted, etc, you'd never find it using the scan method you describe.

Try this scan method:
- Enable Fast Scan
- Do a 4-byte, Unknown Initial Value scan
- Change money somehow.
- Do a Changed value scan (not increased, or decreased... if its encrypted it could be all over the place).
- Do a few unchanged value scans to knock off more results and shorten the list.
- Do something else.. change menus, whatever, move the mouse curosr
- Do more unchanged value scans
- Change money somehow.
- Do a Changed value scan
- Do a few more Unchanged
- Do more 'things' in the game, then more unchanged value scans.

Get the picture?

Once you reduce to a small list, or even 1 left, you can add these values to your table. If they don't make sense in their 4 byte form, try changing their value type. Float is a popular one, or maybe, its a 2 byte value, or the hardly ever seen, 8-byte values. Whatever it is, you found it and can at least lock it Wink

2. As is the case with Need for Speed - Most Wanted... If I'm in a shop and I put 4 things in my shopping cart, but I dont buy them just yet, my 'Actual Money' has not decreased yet. Once I buy all the stuff, I can then do a 4-byte value scan for the exact amount, and find it. Make sure, whatever game you're in, that you 'check out' , or leave the buy menu, before you scan for changes in money.

Even if there is a number on the screen showing how much you'll have after you've purchased X product, this usually doesn't reflect your 'Actual Money', until you fully purchase the thing(s).

*TIP*
Setup Hotkeys to do things like changed/unchanged, or increased/decreased value scans. Cheat engine actually makes a beep sound when its done scanning, if you use hotkeys. That way you can stay in the game, affect the needed values, and do scans, without tabbing out.

This gives you the ability to hack down results a lot faster.

To do this.

- Enter Cheat Engine
- Click Settings
- Click the "Configure Hotkeys" button.
- Have a field day.

I dont map most of them, only the few that I would usually use.

i.e.

I have Ctrl+? set, to start a new, 4-byte, unknown value scan
I have Ctrl+ <-- and --> set to "Decreased" and "Increased" value scans
I have Ctrl+Up/Down set to "Changed" and "Unchanged" value scans. etc

- Zhoul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: