Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Couple questions just about the general concepts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mammot
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Couple questions just about the general concepts. Reply with quote

Just a couple questions to Dark Byte.

First of all, how is it that cheat engine stays undetected? I thought gunbound detects all windows API calls. Cheat engine must therefore be using it's own versions of the windows api, right? If so, how exactly did you make those? I heard about the DDK; but that's $199.95, so i guess i'll have to "obtain" it =\
So did you actually write your own drivers for it? How hard was it? I'm pretty damn fluent in C++, so i'm pretty sure i make my own memory editor based off of cheat engine. The only thing i'm concerned about there is again, how hard is it to compile the driver assuming i have the DDK? And would you have any problem with me distributing the editor i compiled as my own(giving credits to you, of course)?

Secondly, as you may know, maple story blocks the usage of the debugger. This is a bit of a problem, because i'd like to know the static pointer for one of my hacks. I skimmed a bit and saw a tutorial to override the protection; it doesn't seem to work however, as whenever i enable cheat engines procedures, anything i open will have "PEPROCESS=0000000." Obviously, this is impossible. I still know there are ways to use a debugger with MS; ollydbg is working fine with MS with the help of a plugin. Is there any sort of way you could some how use those kinds of plugins with CE? Probably not, but it never hurts to ask.

Whew! That was a lot. Hope to see a reply soon.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is detected by some games, but stuff like preventing a process to be opened or making stuff unreadable wont work for ce.

and yes, it uses it's own kernelmode routines to do some stuff...
the ifs is arround $199, but the ddk ships for free (exluding shipping costs) and there's a free ifs.h on the intrnet (opensource project thingy that you can use)
But just declaring the functions to use is good enough.

And for maple story. If it hides itself you wont be able to open it withouth protcting CE. Enable the undo memory modification and force memory writable options in CE(before the game starts) and restart CE. You should then be able to open the process in the windowlist (assuming it unlinked itself from the processlist's linked list) When it's been opened successfull the PEPROCESS= will give a valid value.

Also, if you download the code from the CVS and compile it you can use the kernelmode debugger I've put in. It watches process creation so hiding won't be a problem anymore and it can debug(a litttle) without attaching a windows-api debugger.
And another thing the cvs hold right now is a method to prevent any foreign dll to get loaded. So dll's like npggNT.des won't load and wont be able to hook anything. (so fixmem wont be needed anymore)
But right now it's still very much untested so there may be several BSOD's if you try Wink

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
mammot
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is incredibly encouraging. I've used open source stuff for a long time(i write EVERYTHING in dev c++ =D) and i can take a few blue screens Razz
It's also very satisfying to make something work with your own two hands and just say to yourself, "HELL YES I DID THAT"

So, thanks again man =)

EDIT:Jackpot! Found an ifs.h, only thing is that it's called ntifs.h...will this still work?

Only problem now is coaxing mom to pay for S&H for the ddk :(

I'd buy it if I had a credit card, i can afford it haha Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: