Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 Questions of a begginer:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
popoman
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: 2 Questions of a begginer: Reply with quote

1) Pretty overall question; Can I somehow use the cheat engine on MMORPGs or On-Line games at all? (I tried but in an MMORPG the data is being saved on your account on the web so couldn't actually make it work...) I've seen there's a CE Server and Client installed with the App so does that has something to do with this affair?

2) This question is even more basic; could somebody please explain me more precisely Step 6 in the tutorial; it is stated there that I have to type in what is between the braces ('[ ]'), well there's a bunch of different braces there, which ones, the ones in the red row? And then it says that I actually have to type the pointer adrress that it shows me in a 4-byte hexadecimal search, so is it what's in the braces or what's the pointer adrress is?

Thanks in advance, and I must say that this CE App is an amazing piece of programming, a damn cool thing, thanks for creatung it guys!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Really depends on the online game. However any MMORPG usually has enough protection against it. If it's a game with more than 100 players then you can usually assume that you cannot permanently change anything...however even if the game has thousands of players there could be things you can change temporary. It's obvious that you cannot change your stats, items or anything similar but sometimes you can make yourself faster, stronger/invunerable or other things temporary, which gives you an advantage for getting easier exp/items.
2) Yes the red one, if you had bothered reading you'd know that the other lines just show you the surroundings of the code.
popoman
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: THX Reply with quote

Ya figured it out myself about the MMORPGs, just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss anything...

SO it's the red ha, well thx, though I did read it 2 times and there wasn't stated anything about code surroundings... thx for the info. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: