Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Data Array's / String Commands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Future_Shock
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Data Array's / String Commands Reply with quote

I've read extensively on these subjects, but I was wondering if someone could expand on and cite real world examples of dealing with the basics of:

a) Data array's
b) String Manipulation Commands

In my current project, I searching for various 'floats' that move from location to location each time I run the game. Traces of the code lead to me area's where I am seeing instructions such as:

mov [ecx+eax*4], edx

write my values....which would indicate a...err..Single Dimensional Array?

Is there any method of finding the sources of where the array is being built so I can determine the location of where my 'floats' will be without having to search each time?

In addition, I am also seeing commands like:

fstp [ebx+30]
fstp [esi]

write these same values I am searching for to alternate locations of memory.

This leads me to believe the data I am seeking is stored in an array..and is being wriiten by fstp, ldz string commands.

Is this a difficult thing to decipher?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: