Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheat Engine 4.2 released

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Cheat Engine 4.2 released Reply with quote

Cheat Engine 4.2 has been released.
It's main new features are a scan that happens from inside the selected game (hyperscan) and a speedhack that allows you to change the speed of your favourite game to what you want. (And also allows you to go a lot faster in several online games, but don't complain when you get banned)

Please report bugs and other odd stuff. (Else I won't fix them Wink )
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know one thing...a speed hack is something I've already searched for several times...but I know another thing and that is i don't know what i wanted to use it for anymore.
Cheat engine is just AWESOME i did not expect this to ever be a part of that kind of program. It's way too awesome, CE is absolutely the number 1, is the scene too small or why isn't it as famous as it should be?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A speedhack is usefull when a specific game is too fast. And because you can toggle the speedhack on/off with a hotkey you can quickly use it to go past some hard spots. (the default speedhack settings are set to speed up, but you just have to set it to slow down and the hotkey will slow down)

A speedhack is also usefull in online games, they sometimes allow you to shoot faster, build faster, or walk faster.
Oh yes, in case no one reads the helpfile (Who does?) Setting the sleeptime higher creates a more accurate speed multiplication/devision, but it can also create shocks when the game wants to act faster than the sleeptime. (e.g: update the game every 17 ms, while the sleeptime is set to 20+ could possibly delay the game)

About why it isn't very famous:
1: Not many people with high trafic sites link to it.
2: The few sites that have Cheat Engine still talk about 2.3
3: Somehow most of the people that refer to Cheat Engine don't speak English. (Korean, rusian and other languages I can't even recognize)
4: I'm not activly advertising Cheat Engine.
5: Propably because I don't update my site frequently. (Only every 2-3 months)
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that are quiet a few things you've listed
1: Not many people with high trafic sites link to it.
- Are there any high traffic sites about this topic? Maybe ram editing is nothing for the mass, it's a pity...
2: Yeah the pages all lack behind...
http://www.games.uai.com.br/preview/335689.html http://epix.games.tucows.com/preview/335689.html tucows...
what's up with them? 2 different versions...
http://asia.cnet.com/hk/download/pc/0,2000031702,50000802s,00.htm cnet..okay cnet (download.com) want money to have a product listed therefore it can't be helped...i know...
3. http://asia.cnet.com/hk/download/pc/0,2000031702,50000802s,00.htm Confused
4.It's not your job to do so...I've already given a few people a CE trainer that i created and made them download CE but they only seem to want to use premade trainers and can't find any they'd want for CE, resulting in them not using the program anymore...
5. There aren't any programs of that kind that update more frequently are there? And it only shows you're doing clean work, no betas on the main page only feature-packed new versions.

Well yeah seems that there isn't much you can do...after for the program to becoming well-known depends on the users and recommendations. After all even programs like emule were small once.
But there are also websites that do recognize CE : http://www.worldvillage.com/downloads/download.html?id=904 Razz
On the other hand there are really pages that seem to make fun of it?
http://www.games.uai.com.br/utilities_cheats_default.html
...honestly...they have the 3.2 version and call it newly added...what the hell! and give a crappy program like that
"Yahoo Pool Buddy
Shareware 95 98 NT 2k Me XP 2003
This program allows you to see exactly where your billiard balls will end up. "
Full score? What the hell..
Now I go compare it to a pay program...let's see...
Code:
                  CE                                  GS
Tutorial:   A program as tutorial        A text based tutorial with pictures...
               that also confirms you've   explains only an easy to cheat game
               understood everything
Options:  Many options to customize   No proper options, only interface
              and optimize the cheating.   and useless stuff
Features:
-Scanning:     Yes                                       yes
-Memory
Browser:       Yes                                        yes
Trainer
creation:       Yes with many features         ...no?
Multiple
scanning
modes:          Yes                                       no
Customize
and Optimize: Yes                                       no
Assembler:     Yes                                       no
Dection
prevention:     yes                                       no
Pause key:      yes                                       no
Layout
optimizing:       no options                            few
Other               -Groups in the tables            -you need to pay for it..lol..
imporant          -Glowing to show the user     -crashed when i tried to test
Features:         where to begin                       it
                       (perfect for beginners!)
                       -Undo-button
                       -Priority option
                       -Fast accessable scanning
                       options
                       -Speed options
Score:             13 of 11                               2,5 of 11     

It's the best...well poor made comparison just saying that the ram editor with the highest score from tucows looks like that...damn must uninstall asap...
edit: Damn didn't become a table? How about this? Well when using the "code" fuction it seems to work...Still looks kind of screwed up but you can read it..
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Bug: Prevent Debugger detection Reply with quote

There seems to be a bug when attaching the debugger to a process. (e.g: Find out what writes, pause, etc...)

I'll try to find out what goes wrong, but in the meantime just deseletc the option that prevents debugger detection. (It's off by default)

Edit: fixed it by removing the new routine that I thought would pevent debugger detection. Seems it only unhooked the debugger. (so yes, the test program I used couldn't detect a debugger because THERE WAS NO DEBUGGER)
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my comparison i forgot the network function...geez i suck...
oh yeah not to annoy people or something but i have a funny story...the sad story of persons without CE ...actually about me and another person i got to know at gamefaqs' board...
phantasy star online(pso) pc was just released in japan and he and I already bought (yeah bought, without buying no online playing and i actually buy games) . Of course as we already played pso v2 on DC after many level ups we slowly but surely got sick of leveling up again and thought about ways to cheat. The game couldn't be minimized in any way (note that it was just released and there were no hacked exes and so on) so we desperately searched for ways to cheat...even with vmware but it didn't support directX Very Happy . Eh anyways whereas i edited the a file which contains the available items at the shop and was able to get some items he found out that it's possible to cheat it with a program called dbxstand (japanese program that edits ram over LAN, just like CE network vers). So he bought it and succeeded in cheating in it (i saw it when we played online together that it was true). After finding CE and its network function i felt stupid, STUPID, while searching for a ram editor that could help neither of us found CE...it could've all been so easy with CE (and cheaper for my friend Razz)...i hereby pity all persons that do not know CE...sorry to post offtopic stuff Razz
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: