Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions regarding possible paths I could take

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nimby
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject: Questions regarding possible paths I could take Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm looking to write some sort of bot for a game that I played in my childhood, I don't have time now due to IRL responsibilities but I want to revisit these areas and relive them as I didnt understand much when I was a kid. On top of that I can add to my skillset so I'm very keen on this side project.

I have stumbled upon this mmorpg from the past (10 years +) without any anticheat (as to my knowledge and reseach) and is written in Lua. I was wondering what would be the best approach to take if I wanted to create a bot that possible could go fetch quests/kill mobs/ typical bot things. I do not want this as a color bot as I can achieve that through python but it would also bring about too many limitations.

I learned that people have also decompiled the game client and tweaked few things like hotkeys as this game only has F1-F10 Lame . So I believe one method would be to decompile the client itself and modify the game client to invoke my bot actions but it would also be quite hard to match the hash after so much modification (I think, please correct me if im wrong).

I am not new to all this as I've written scripts in java, pixel bots in python for games like OSRS and have a fair grasp of programming/scripting. I tried dorking around and couldnt find many posts but could've been bad keywords too, so I apologize in advance.

I understand learning takes time and its not good to jump loops, but if possible I'd like to know the shortest and fastest approach. This is not to skip hurdles but to show me its possible and that when time comes that requires complex functions or tasks I can move onto bigger projects using the more indepth functions and your advice regardless of time itll take me to do so, is much appreciated.

If anyone has done anything similar before and could guide me or give me a starting point or a direction to look it would be great and really appreciated!

Thanks!

Questions:

1. Would I be able to achieve botting through writing scripts on CE?

2. Would C++ be the best language to do so as most tutorials I found for online games were mostly in C++.

3. How much of an online mmorpg game can CE edit, from my knowledge we are only editing client side, but lets say I can still read the values and memory addresses would I be able to use them elsewhere to write a script that could effectively bot or call these actions?

4. Are there any game hacking methods where I could effectively inject into the client itself and call the functions directly? The actions I want to do are not too complicated but if I could I'd like to expand to remapping hotkeys even as it would be a big QoL.

Nimby#0058
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the game really is using Lua, your best bet is to go into the game's Lua engine and poke around there.

Search for "lua inject hook lua_gettop" or other terms like those.
https://colton1skees.github.io/posts/LuaReversal.html
https://openpunk.com/pages/manipulating-lua-vms-2/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: