Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Value changes itself back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
f0b_t3st4
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Value changes itself back Reply with quote

Hi there, I am trying to learn hacking, so I pick a simple roguelike game and start giving myself money, stats and so.

The problem is as follows; I located the MaxHealth variable, I set my owned life points to always be the same as the max life points, then I wanted to change my max life points cause if a huge monster hits me and deals more damage than my max life points then I will die.
But everytime I change my MaxHealth variable it immediately changes back to its original value and I can only increase it leveling up or using points to raise my vitality aka. playing instead of hacking, which is not my objective. Again, I pick a random roguelike game cause it is lightweight, easy to backup and hack, not to actually play it.

Can anyone tell me what kind of variable it is to always reset itself, and what can I do to change it?

Thanks in advance.

sbryzl
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a temporary value which is used for an on-screen display or something else. You might be able to find the real value by searching for values that change in the same way as the temp value though maybe in a different format like float, double or 4-byte.
f0b_t3st4
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbryzl wrote:
This is a temporary value which is used for an on-screen display or something else. You might be able to find the real value by searching for values that change in the same way as the temp value though maybe in a different format like float, double or 4-byte.

Thanks a lot! Trying right now!

Well, I found a 8 bytes variable which is related to the MaxHealth, and also a 4 bytes one

When I set my mana to always be at max I had to locate 4 different variables and change all of them at the same time

I tried changing these two but they change back immediately so I will keep searching.

Dude this is cool, even if I'm just learning!

Edit: They both have the same adress... can I search by adress?

Edit2: Found a third variable, this one is 2 bytes. Let me compare them with the mana variables maybe I find the last one

Edit3: No...the mana variables are all 4 bytes and different adresses....KEEP SEARCHING

Edit4: I found five variables related to the maximum health of the player, all of them have the same adress but different types, one 4 bytes, one 8 bytes, 2 bytes, byte and binary.
Purposedfuly leveled up to see if their value changed and yes, they all are the same as my character's maximum health points. Also searched for all other variable types with same adress.
This is obviously not the way to do this. I am sure it is done some other way.
KEEP TRYIIIINNNNGGG

Edit5: Infinite life, done. Infinite stat points, done. Because it is funnier to manually spend the points rather then just set the character's stats with cheat engine Very Happy

Now the MaxInventoryLimit Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: