Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[HELP] Help for value catch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gersonmv
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: [HELP] Help for value catch Reply with quote

Game: Yu Gi Oh! Duel Links

~~~ My question is not specific to this game ~~~

~~ If there is a similar game tell me. ~~

This game has been violated in several ways by modifying the DLL.

But I'd like to know how to use Cheat Engine in games like this.

Despite having the requirements to be modified, you can not find the values.

What is the correct way to find values in complicated / difficult games like this?

*I've already tried the "Unknown start value" check. Unsuccessfully.*
** WITH CHEAT ENGINE **

Game location: (your Steam
directory)\steamapps\common\Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links\dlpc_Data\Managed\"assembly-csharp.dll"

Data to parse the DLL that is modified.

I'm not interested in hacking, there is already method for this. I want to know how to do this for the Cheat Engine. I could not and I wonder why?
gersonmv
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Hello? Reply with quote

Help ? :/
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never played it but

unknown and changed value scans only when you know the value has to have changed, and don't do unchanged scans. Why? because you don't know how it's being stored or if it's being constantly modified in inconsequential ways (like adding 0.1 and then subtracting 0.1) or how it's being modified in the consequential ways (might be adding, might subtracting, might be multiplying or xoring). This will take a l.o.n.g. t.i.m.e.

Or finding something that's likely to be nearby in memory (eg. ammo, mana, and stamina are often stored near health) and seeing if you can figure out where health is by looking at the actual memory near those found values. Groupscan with out of order set and an appropriate block size might help here. The fewer simple numbers you have to scan for the harder this will be.

If the address that's used changes "a lot" (by which I mean more often than you can change the value and rescan a few times to narrow down the address) and it's not stored near anything else then you're not going to find it directly.

If you have an intel processor you can use ultimap which lets you scan for functions that have ran, letting you narrow in on the code that's changing the value rather than the value itself. If it's a 32 bit game then I think there's another program that you can use even on AMD cpus but I can't remember the name now ... C something lol ah, found it. http://split-code.com/cda.html never actually took the time to figure out how to use it however.

If you're lucky CE may give you a "mono" menu at the top when you attach to the game and you can use the mono dissector to find the code that's doing whatever you are interested in by looking through the names, at which point you can find what the code accesses to get addresses or hook it to change how it works etc. You'll also find that the data dissector can often get more accurate information from addresses, including developer-given names, rather than just guessing at the type for some given number of bytes (4096 is the default).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: