Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unity Engine Help
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kucing13
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Unity Engine Help Reply with quote

Hi everyone, so i just recently installing this one game from Steam. Its called
Battle for Blood - Epic battles within 30 seconds! . Just small 75mb game made with unity engine.

So I actually try the usual method of increasing money using cheat engine but i could not find the exact numbers. For example the money is 270.

So i try the usual method, first scan>numbers>decrease>next scan>numbers with no luck. Next i tried with first scan>unknown initial value>next scan>decrease value also with no luck

Is it because it uses unity engine or is it because the data is server side?

Any senior can shed this newbie some light? thanks in advance .

bfb2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  48.94 KB
 Viewed:  106428 Time(s)

bfb2.jpg

Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, server-side would simply prevent you from successfully changing the value.
It wouldn't prevent you from finding the display value.

Since the value is low, have you tried a 2-byte scan? Also try a float scan.

Try unknown initial value > changed value scans. Remember the value you started with.
After a few changed value scans, set it to compare to first scan, then rescan unchanged value.
Don't forget to set it back to compare to last scan.

Also, if you are inside a trade window or something, try leaving it and coming back before doing a rescan.
Sometimes games like to queue up all of your actions until you finish shopping.
So the address you want might not update until the window closes.

When all of that fails, simply use CE's Mono functionality and search for a method named money or coins, or something.
Syperus
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is SP so there is no server. Have you tried using Scan Type All?
Rudo
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I have just downloaded the game and given it a shot
The address to your money is 4 bytes, but the value is not.
Say, I have 500 coins, I have to convert 500 in Hexadecimal to Decimal and then search. So what I will do here is just simply check the box "Hex" and then search. Well I got the right value here but it seems like the game has some sort of value protection that prevents you from changing the value. I tried to break those codes, well kinda worked (see picture below) but then I won't be able to upgrade anything Confused
Well, I will try again later, still really not good at this. If you really need to change the coin then maybe I will mod the game and give you the modded version, which will give you infinite coins, but for now I will try to find what I did wrongly here. Razz

ss+(2015-07-13+at+10.25.37).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  159.51 KB
 Viewed:  106296 Time(s)

ss+(2015-07-13+at+10.25.37).jpg

fyreman666
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexadecimal? Random fact, I learned hex from Gameboy/Gameboy Color Gameshark codes. But, good to know about the protection too, hopefully there's a way past it.
kucing13
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudo-kun wrote:
value protection that prevents you from changing the value. If you really need to change the coin then maybe I will mod the game and give you the modded version, which will give you infinite coins, but for now I will try to find what I did wrongly here. Razz

"Value protection" o_O
wow,never knew that sort of thing exist.

Also what do you mean by modded version?

Anyway thanks to the rest for helping, at least i can apply some of the method in case i encounter similar issues. This community very helpful and you guys rocks :3
Rudo
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is a Unity game, it means I can easily decompile it and literally take over the game. From there I can make something like upgrade costs no coins, wins 999999 coins every stage or anything you can think of (I am not very good at this anyway so don't expect much)
Talking about cheating in C.E, it seems like the game stores the money value somewhere and keeps writing to the address, so when we change the value it doesn't change because the game will just overwrite the old value to the address.
Sorry, I'm kinda stuck at this state. Maybe you should wait for a pro-er cheater. I'm not good enough to help you.
kucing13
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudo-kun wrote:
This game is a Unity game, it means I can easily decompile it and literally take over the game. From there I can make something like upgrade costs no coins, wins 999999 coins every stage or anything you can think of (I am not very good at this anyway so don't expect much)
Talking about cheating in C.E, it seems like the game stores the money value somewhere and keeps writing to the address, so when we change the value it doesn't change because the game will just overwrite the old value to the address.
Sorry, I'm kinda stuck at this state. Maybe you should wait for a pro-er cheater. I'm not good enough to help you.

It's ok. We're all learning at some point.. though i would love to try your modded version if you don't mind Smile
Rudo
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is a little update:
I tried to play the game on a different machine, and I have to play all over again. This means the game saves its files locally.
I located that folder here => AppData\LocalLow\YFC games\Battle for Blood
But they are encrypted in some ways so pretty much no idea how to edit that.
Beside, with the information justa_dude gives me, C.E has a "hidden" mono menu which will show up when you attach CE to most of Unity games. But for now I don't know how to make use of that menu so I will just keep going to learn more about this.
I really want to hack this game with C.E, not through modding so stay tuned haha.
kucing13
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudo-kun wrote:
Well here is a little update:
I tried to play the game on a different machine, and I have to play all over again. This means the game saves its files locally.
I located that folder here => AppData\LocalLow\YFC games\Battle for Blood
But they are encrypted in some ways so pretty much no idea how to edit that.
Beside, with the information justa_dude gives me, C.E has a "hidden" mono menu which will show up when you attach CE to most of Unity games. But for now I don't know how to make use of that menu so I will just keep going to learn more about this.
I really want to hack this game with C.E, not through modding so stay tuned haha.

Hahahah XD .admirable determination. thanks for sharing your findings. Surprised
Negitar
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of going after the money anyone tryed going for the timer/turns.. i have looked for all types as it changes and i cant seem to get the right ones (hex box ticked and not).
DaSpamer
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aobscan this code
Code:
7B ?? ?? ?? ?? 02 7B ?? ?? ?? ?? 16 6F ?? ?? ?? ?? 59 7D ?? ?? ?? ?? 7E ?? ?? ?? ?? 7E

replace with this one
Code:
7B ?? ?? ?? ?? 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1F 32

When you start a level, as soon as you reach 0 moves and get to the next area (idk after you beat the wall), it'll reset the moves to 50 (-50 actually)

Edit the 0x32 with any other hexadecimal number.

My CETrainer will generate it for you in seconds, so you won't get lazy! Very Happy

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=564919
deama1234
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaSpamer wrote:
Aobscan this code
Code:
7B ?? ?? ?? ?? 02 7B ?? ?? ?? ?? 16 6F ?? ?? ?? ?? 59 7D ?? ?? ?? ?? 7E ?? ?? ?? ?? 7E

replace with this one
Code:

When you start a level, as soon as you reach 0 moves and get to the next area (idk after you beat the wall), it'll reset the moves to 50 (-50 actually)

Damn....
How'd you do it? Enlighten us oh' wise master!
Rudo
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaSpamer wrote:
Aobscan this code
Code:

replace with this one
Code:

Oh my, nice one. Can you help me solve the coin problem?
Tifusi
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can build a table automatique, for us ? :/
Very Thx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: