Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCSX2 - Jump height or teleporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redandbluedragon
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: PCSX2 - Jump height or teleporter Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been using cheat engine to write some simple trainer for PC games for quite a while. Although I usually only scan for pointers and have no real clue about the possibilities of scripting. Some time ago I also started to use CheatEngine for the PCSX2 - PS2 emulator. It works pretty much the same with the advantage that I cannot find any pointers in the scan, so the dynamic ones I find always remain even if I restart the PC (probably has to do with the emulation).

Now to my problem. A friend and I are huge fans of the famous Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks PS2 game. We played the game since it came out, originally on PS2 and now also on the Emulator. It took us years to find all the secrets and we even made a 100% gameplay speedrun last year, which will be probably uploaded soon.

Still, after all these years we are looking for more stuff, glitches or ways to play the game you haven't thought of yet. I took quite some effort to look a bit into the way how the life bars for example change and therefore copied all health-related pointers and there is quite some interesting scripting like if Shang Tsung transforms into another person at the end of the game another health pointer is activated as if it was a different character, etc.

And when you look from the distance you can always see portals you later activate to continue the game. This led us to the question what would happen if you skipped some parts of the game. Theoretically, it should be possible as most of the levels are connected in one section of the game, and if I had the ability to just jump higher I might reach the next platform.

We'd be really interested to see what happens, but honestly, I don't have the experience nor the time to learn all about CheatEngine here.

I tried to save the location somehow by finding the only pointer that changes when you move but that didn't work and I also found the one that fixes the z-Position but I have no clue how to edit that.

So the question is: Does anyone know whether these scripting methods also work for the emulated games, like do I have access to this code which says 'while jumping, increase z by +5' or so? And is there a good way to make a simple teleporter in this case or a super jump. I can play the game till I reach the platform and copy the values and then just go back to an older save to try it out, that wouldn't be the problem. It's no position I cannot reach.

And I know there are tutorials on youtube etc. but they are all mostly related to similar games and I feels this might be a special case here. So thank you all for any suggestions.
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scripts in general are just couple line of assembly instructions, it have nothing to do with normal game or emulator games.
so it works fine with everything.

about teleport and save-load location cheats:
these ones are easy and made under 2 mins, since you said you found your z coord I can assume its a 3D game and you have xyz coords.

how such cheats are found and made?
by finding any of xyz coords and seeing what writes/accesses this address.
for some games you don't want to use what writes to the address because they use the same function (instruction line) for every player include NPC ones, so if you found the instruction that's writing to your any of xyz coords and it what shared instruction then go to what accesses the address. (note using what accesses this address will show you instructions that are writing to your address and monitoring your address)

my tip: (or what I do for couple reasons)
use what accesses the address.

so what to do once you found an instruction related to your character and only him?
a tip:
coords are always near each other. (always 4 bytes after each other starting from x to y and z, with the exception of double data type coordinates the distance between each coord is 8 bytes)
assuming the instruction is modifying or monitoring your z coord is:
Code:
mov [edx+18],eax //modifying
mov eax,[edx+18] //monitoring

so now we know edx+18 is z coord, so probably edx+14 is y coord and edx+10 is x coord.

now to write a script for teleport to location or teleport to waypoint you need to find the coordinates you want (for that location) and store them in ur script so you can be teleported there whenever you want or need using a hotkey.
for save load location is much simpler, just save your current coords and load them back later.

(I can provide an example for both cheat types if you need)

about increasing your height or super jump, each one have a different story and each game have a different ways.
so long story short I can't tell you shit about this thing because idk what game you playing or whatever.

but in general, achieving super jump/speed is by modifying the constant values (example jump height 5 changing it to 25) or modifying jump/speed multiplier and each way (constants or multiplier) have a different process, different ways to get there.

note:
finding any of the above things will lead you to the other. (jump/speed and constants/multiplier)

i can tell you some ways on how to find jump height if needed, just got tired from writing lazy me ....
i hope its not too long and pointless post.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
redandbluedragon
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you for the long answer. I haven't had the time to try that but before I start doing it, I thought the jump height is supposed to be a float value. I can only find a value if I use the regular 4 Byte search. I found one thing that changes while jumping and once I fix that the jump takes way longer till I fall. Could it be, that due to the emulation it is not a float value anymore? Because I tried at least 10 times and there is no float value, which changes when I jump only.
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it all depend on game developer how they initialized the data type, they can choose 4 bytes, float, double etc...

you probably found the gravity value thats why it take longer time till you fall.
still you can give yourself KINDA super jump by removing the cap/jump limit.
BUT if you did it your height wont stop increasing, so you have do it in a script and compare for example if height reached 100 or so then stop increasing my height.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
redandbluedragon
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,

Thank you all so much for your help, turns out this 4byte value does the following. If I jump and then activate it I sink slowly, but, if I activate it while rising upwards I float endlessly until I deactivate it. So it somehow seems to lock whatever motion it is performing, which is perfect for me. But still, can somebody perhaps explain what this value is?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: