Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faster Execution Script for this AoB Scan>Replace
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't linking them for anything related to pointers. You asked about code injection and those cover changing the code. When you can change the code a lot of the time you never have to work with pointers at all.

edit: ah flash. I've never personally done anything with flash past just scanning and directly changing the value, no pointers or code injections, and even that's been quite a while.
aldrinjohnom
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeER wrote:
I wasn't linking them for anything related to pointers. You asked about code injection and those cover changing the code. When you can change the code a lot of the time you never have to work with pointers at all.

edit: ah flash. I've never personally done anything with flash past just scanning and directly changing the value, no pointers or code injections, and even that's been quite a while.

Oh,yeah youre Right xD but how about "resources"(a static example of health) which do not have any accessing/writing address on it? I mean in this "resource" Address, its Base Address "writes/updates" only once at the start of the game, moving through the game, It does not Write on the "resource" address anymore.

I Think Its hard for me to do code injection here Confused Since common code injection examples that I have seen needs some address that writes on it. And I have not seen any examples for Address that is not "accessed/written after being accessed/written once" BUT to Proceed with Pointer scanning. Did you I wish you have experienced this always and would like to share how you deal with it Smile
FreeER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah if you can't ever get the code to run then you can't really hook it. With enough knowledge you might be able to call the function it's in yourself... so pointers/aobscans maybe easier if you want to directly change those resources.

Still, if the resources are close to each other you can probably find just one of them and then use offsets from that one to access the rest.

But the effect of making everything free is that you don't have to gather resources, you can get that same effect in 2 other ways, A) giving yourself (practically) infinite resources and B) changing the code so that you don't have to _pay_ for those resources (you may or may not have to obtain them in the first place, depending on if you find the compare that checks if you have enough, but you change the code so they don't actually get used, eg. nop a sub). There's also an in-between C) option which simply boosts how much resources you get when resource gathering so that you have to do a little but only very very little. And those are things where the code _has_ to run more than once.
aldrinjohnom
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeER wrote:
yeah if you can't ever get the code to run then you can't really hook it. With enough knowledge you might be able to call the function it's in yourself... so pointers/aobscans maybe easier if you want to directly change those resources.

Still, if the resources are close to each other you can probably find just one of them and then use offsets from that one to access the rest.

Thanks for the tip Smile Yeah I just inspected that All resources have offsets from
Each other, I might use that on my future.

FreeER wrote:

But the effect of making everything free is that you don't have to gather resources, you can get that same effect in 2 other ways, A) giving yourself (practically) infinite resources and B) changing the code so that you don't have to _pay_ for those resources (you may or may not have to obtain them in the first place, depending on if you find the compare that checks if you have enough, but you change the code so they don't actually get used, eg. nop a sub). There's also an in-between C) option which simply boosts how much resources you get when resource gathering so that you have to do a little but only very very little. And those are things where the code _has_ to run more than once.

I Currently use choice "B" which is changing the code into "free"(like 20006>14 will make 20000 resources into 0 resource). Thats why my code last time was very long enough and resulting cheat engine to change all those code.

I have done choice "C" but I got banned because of that, so I am proceeding with caution from now Laughing.

But First of All, Thank you Guys from helping me Out Smile I absolutely appreciate all your Help and suggestions of the Community Smile. As conclusion, I guess The only Fast way To Make the execution faster enough for "address that was not accessed/written by any base address after being accessed/written already" is to toggle offsets from Address to Address. [/quote]
FreeER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, basically find a way to not scan for a ton of things through all of the games memory (oh one other way would be to find one and then limit the scan to the memory region that one is in, though I'm not actually sure how CE gets that information to display it in the memory regions window (edti: looks like you'd use VirtualQuery but there's probably not an existing way via lua))

aldrinjohnom wrote:
I Currently use choice "B" which is changing the code into "free"(like 20006>14 will make 20000 resources into 0 resource
No you currently use choice D, change the resource cost of the goal directly to (practically) nothing. B changes the code so that you don't pay no matter what the cost is and that's a different approach. A,B, and C are all different ways of getting the same effect of what you are trying to do, same end result of not having to get resources, but different methods.

A) give yourself so many resources it doesn't matter what the cost is
B) change the code so that no matter what the cost is you don't actually pay it (this may require you to obtain the resources initially but you won't lose them on purchase)
C) boost resources gained on gathering so you don't have to do much
D) change actual costs to 0, or near 0 so you don't have to do much resource gathering
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: