Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a far cry 2 question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blacklight21
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: a far cry 2 question Reply with quote

so there's something called reputation in far cry 2, there's 5/6 levels of reputation going from 0>1>2>3>4>5

now i'm not much of an expert in ce

i had a save right before getting a level increase so i just searched for 0, then 1, reloaded save, 0, 1 on and on again until i reached 1 address

but it appeared protected since changing it from 1 to 5 made it automatically revert to 1, and doing 'check what's accessing the address' or 'writing to the address' and replacing the things there with nops made it change-able but no effect

so what can i do from this point? my theory is that there is an invisible counter for reputation since when you finish missions it says "reputation increased" but another possibility is that it's tied to the amount of missions completed

or can i for example get the address of the 'reputation counter' or whatever is it that controls it by checking what accesses the reputation level address? or should i check what writes to it? what do i do from that point?
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look what accesses the value when you change it, that is the correction script, see what it compares to, that is the real value. keep doing that until you find the real value (just in case they make 2+ copies and compare each in turn).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: