Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I did what real American would do

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paupav
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: I did what real American would do Reply with quote

So, I've ordered screen and I've received it (pay on delivery) and I was trying to give delivery man money, but he said that he doesn't have it as "pay on delivery" nor any debts under my name.

So, obviously someone messed something up and I knew who. Two days before I've ordered it by going to store and I've said what I want and gave address, but because their system was down the seller wrote the information on the paper, and probably wrote that it was paid.

I was thinking for a bit if I should call the store. In few hours I've called the store and explained the whole situation. Now I have to go to the store to pay it in uninhabitable conditions (at 39 °C)

I have some friends who said that I shouldn't have called the store.

What would you do in such situation?
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely would not have called. i scam places all the time for free shit. if something minor is wrong with a product i also complain and they send replacement and often let you keep the old product too, and then i resell the defective one. on that slime shit
HackOtaku
I posted the 500000th topic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certified American here. I would have walked away with a TV of profit and waiting for a phone call saying I have to pay. If no call comes, then it's all yours, if it does come then you just pay what you were going to anyway.
Kurifodo
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: I did what real American would do Reply with quote

paupav wrote:
So, I've ordered screen and I've received it (pay on delivery) and I was trying to give delivery man money, but he said that he doesn't have it as "pay on delivery" nor any debts under my name.

So, obviously someone messed something up and I knew who. Two days before I've ordered it by going to store and I've said what I want and gave address, but because their system was down the seller wrote the information on the paper, and probably wrote that it was paid.

I was thinking for a bit if I should call the store. In few hours I've called the store and explained the whole situation. Now I have to go to the store to pay it in uninhabitable conditions (at 39 °C)

Some low level employee made a mistake that granted you free goods, just like a McDonald's drive-thru worker giving you the wrong bag. In America you would have no legal obligation to return it. (Although under certain circumstances you could end up in a small claims court if you violated a contract you signed.)

paupav
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: I did what real American would do Reply with quote

Clifford wrote:
paupav wrote:

Some low level employee made a mistake that granted you free goods, just like a McDonald's drive-thru worker giving you the wrong bag. In America you would have no legal obligation to return it. (Although under certain circumstances you could end up in a small claims court if you violated a contract you signed.)

law doesn't control your moral. you control your moral.

don't you guys thing that those things that you are doing / would do are simply wrong. you should pay for stuff that you get.
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah its wrong, i know its wrong, i just never feel bad about the things i do
Kurifodo
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: I did what real American would do Reply with quote

paupav wrote:
Clifford wrote:
paupav wrote:

don't you guys thing that those things that you are doing / would do are simply wrong. you should pay for stuff that you get.

Yeah, I actually had a similar situation 2 months ago when I cancelled and refunded my order of a laptop on eBay, but the vendor still shipped the package anyways. After it came, I just took it to my local post office and wrote "Return to sender". I wasn't legally obliged to return it under eBay's policy; I was doing it because I would have felt sorry for the vendor.

HackOtaku
I posted the 500000th topic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I did what real American would do Reply with quote

paupav wrote:
Clifford wrote:
paupav wrote:

It all depends. I return money when I am overchanged, but something like this would feel like a stroke of such good luck that it would be rude to the universe to spit in its face and pay for it anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: