Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(C++) Some way to read a HTML element from web browser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Astaroth4256
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: (C++) Some way to read a HTML element from web browser Reply with quote

For example, I have a box with text on a web page that I want to read every time after I refresh the page (or after a third party app refreshes it), I just want the simple UTF16 text from the <div>, how to do it without using cURL? (it has to be read from the web browser unfortunately). Pointers don't seem to work (well obviously, I guess) unless there's something I'm missing, though any string address I find does nothing and becomes invalid shortly after the page is loaded
Astaroth4256
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd appreciate a quick anwser so I can finally get some sleep.
It doesn't have to be through web browser but doing it without using a web browser has high chances of getting me banned (or so my research says). So I made a large bot for a real MMO game but I don't know how to apply third party apps to a web browser
mgostIH
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing it thru a "web browser" is just detected by the server as having a specific User-Agent.
Change the User-Agent variable to one of a known browser (Chrome or Firefox) and you are good to go, the server won't distinguish your python or C++ program doing a request to the page from a real browser.

Astaroth4256
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main question was how to read a html element from an already open web page in the web browser, that's the only thing I need. The high chances of getting banned is if I'd try to get the page contents on my own (without using the web browser), this is a MMO game and one has to be logged in to access this page. My research says that many who tried it this way got banned.
panraven
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably useless suggestions for I know not even it is even possible or obsoleted.

1. use userscript (injected javascript, greasemoney tampermonkey) to read the HTML element (jquery?) then
2.send it outside ie.GM_xmlhttpRequest(eg. to a python simple server);
3. suppose it is a python simple server get what 1. send out, you probably can display the content using python's ui etc. or it may be possible to write the content to a memory-mapped-file (mmap) so that yet another process (eg. CE ) can be interacted with.
4. CE can use allocateSharedMemory(name, size) to create a possible matching mmf to read the content. So may be CE can be act according to the browser with the received content.

bye~

FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wild guess here since I've never done anything like it but... dev console? Maybe create a plugin for easy queries...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: