Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should not exact value be literally exact value?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
H4x0rBattie
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Should not exact value be literally exact value? Reply with quote

Hi.

Should not exact value be literally exact value? There is value between scan for non exact values.

The highlighted value is very unlikely a float value. If I know that value is 380, I definitely don't want to see 50k-insert-number-here values that are somewhat close to the value I wanted.

Say a noob like me wants to alter multiple values like that; it is very likely game will crash. It is less likely to crash with literal exact simple values like show in the screenshot.

If you try to scan exactly for a float value "0.5" the same issue arises.

exact_value.png
 Description:
exact value literally
 Filesize:  112.36 KB
 Viewed:  4020 Time(s)

exact_value.png

Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CE has been like this for as long as I remember. To get a real exact value, I always search for "value between" and then write the same number in both boxes
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've seen DB mention to add like 3-4 zeros to the end and use simple value scans.

Noobs aren't going to understand that seeing 0.5 on the screen doesn't necessarily mean that it's stored as 0.5 in memory (look up floating point values and epsilons in regards to programming if you don't understand either) and therefore scanning for exactly 0.5 isn't likely to find the value you actually care about. Noobs also need to learn not to change 1000 values that they have no idea how the game is using 999 of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: