Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

heres why caring about others music opinions matter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: heres why caring about others music opinions matter Reply with quote

because the market listens to the majority and then shitty music that I dislike is produced, reducing the amount of music that I can enjoy by artists i enjoy

this applies to most media (and im going to be talking media really, like pop music, as to not confuse it with what people want to consider "art" by whatever standard they want)

the type of people that say "just ignore other peoples opinions and consume the media you enjoy" are the majority that are eating the shit up.

this is why i want to review shit. i read other peoples reviews and they cant even articulate properly why they enjoy something. i enjoy anthony "melon" fantano so much despite disagreeing with him all the time because he is able to articulate his opinion properly and gives credit to things that he understands aren't targeted towards him.

theres no denying that its easy to see when a content creator/artist changes their style or content in favor of the majority. no not all of them are doing it for the money, but as humans we are able to be conditioned. the mass enjoy something = more people enjoying your content, more positive feedback, more money is a plus, and more opportunities to do more with your content. this would affect the artist, which is why content consumers are just as to blame for an artists work (unless that artist is one that strives to steer away from the public).

theres no reason as a consumer you should sit back and put yourself in a bubble with things only you enjoy, not pushing artists to make better/different work and make progress. why sit back and let something you enjoyed previously be taken from you in favor of another person that enjoys it more? what right do they have over you?

this shows why its important to convince others of your opinion. and shows that those who cannot form their own opinions properly will be easily swayed (dumb general population) and be taken advantage of by someone looking to gain a profit from them.
Kurifodo
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
because the market listens to the majority and then shitty music that I dislike is produced, reducing the amount of music that I can enjoy by artists i enjoy

your purchase (or free listen with ads, w/e makes $$$) speaks louder than your opinion. record labels are maximizing profitability by appealing to the lowest common denominator in taste. pop music sound formulaic and generic for a reason: the industry knows what beats and sounds appeal to the most amount of people. the music industry (along with every other entertainment industry) is gradually becoming less of art and more of science in the age of big data.

but that only applies to people aiming to the top. there are still many underground artists who don't want to appeal everyone and have their niche audiences, and i don't think that will ever go away.
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clifford wrote:
Quote:

your purchase (or free listen with ads, w/e makes $$$) speaks louder than your opinion. record labels are maximizing profitability by appealing to the lowest common denominator in taste. pop music sound formulaic and generic for a reason: the industry knows what beats and sounds appeal to the most amount of people. the music industry (along with every other entertainment industry) is gradually becoming less of art and more of science in the age of big data.

but that only applies to people aiming to the top. there are still many underground artists who don't want to appeal everyone and have their niche audiences, and i don't think that will ever go away.
i can purchase what i enjoy all i want, but that doesn't affect how much purchases things i dislike get. im talking about the majority liking something more, thus purchasing it more, and thus my purchase, which is a non-purchase, is meaningless.

my opinion could possible be many many times more valuable and speak louder than my purchase. if i convince 10 people to buy/not buy an able through my articulation of my opinion and their willingness to agree, then i have just effected there profit more than just buying/not buying once. this was my point: this is why you should care about peoples opinions because they are powerful and can effect these things. like i said, if youre passive and "let people enjoy what they want" and put yourself in a bubble, everything you enjoy will be taken from you

i dont care what the industry or company does to make something appeal to the most amount of people, that wasn't my point at all. my point is that it is also up to consumer to enjoy things for specific reasons and not just because its easy to enjoy on a surface level
HitIer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually a better era for indie artists because of platforms like Youtube and Facebook for promoting their work.

It's worse for rap artists though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: