Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with calling game functions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xsatanx
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Help with calling game functions Reply with quote

Hello there, i'm new here, i hope this is the right section,
I've taken a look on GTA 5 memory view, and i searched for e.g SET_PLAYER_HEALTH and i found something like this

image:
upload(dot)ee/image/7201131/hwehio5z5(dot)PNG

i can't post links since im a new person so i have to put (dot) instead of . to show you guys what im talking about sorry

but that address seems to change every time game is relaunched, is it a pointer or something? what i'd like to do is i'd like to find some static memory address of such function which i can then call by memory address via cheat engine or by making my own exe to trigger it externally, but i am not sure where to find their static memory address and how to trigger them from outside, in cheat engine i suppose i could trigger it with assembly

thank you for reading
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are looking for static data, then the answer NO. i player couple of gta games, and they dont use static data.

if you are looking for code, then take a unique AOB pattern and search for it each time, or add it to your address-list.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
xsatanx
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind my previous post, i haven't paid enough attention, so it appears that AOB as you said is static, but is there a way now to trigger that function from AOB data? i also saw on other websites having some signature things like

"char BytePattern[] = "\xFF\x0E\x8D\x74\x24\x24\xE8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x5F\x5E\xB0\x01\x5B\x8B\xE5\x5D\xC2\x04\x00""

i don't really know what that is or how to find it, if someone knows how, is it possible to trigger a game function even from outside cheat engine, just by using AOB or that signature thing?

please excuse my lack of knowledge guys, i'm still learning stuff ^^
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes possible to trigger it from CE or your custom small application that you built.
as long as the AOB is solid, you can do you whatever you want.
and if you are modifying the code(function) from your own app. then make sure you revert back the original one.

xsatanx wrote:
is there a way now to trigger that function from AOB data?

you wont get a valid signature from data. (because they are DATA not CODE, they do change. specially if the game doesnt have garbage collectors. then a random values will be splitting here and there). and really i dont think any game will use garbage collectors lol.

and if i know how to build a small trainer, id definitely help you.
best of luck buddy

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.

Last edited by OldCheatEngineUser on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
atom0s

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That SET_PLAYER_HEALTH is part of GTA's scripting language and is not of much use to you unless you hook onto the script engine and get it to where you can force execute script commands at will. You can try to set a breakpoint on the start of the string and see if you can find the functions referencing it and that handle giving you health since the script is just going to parse for that opcode and then execute a function to do its purpose when found though. From there you should be able to find the function handling setting your health like a script would do.
Joopx
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:
That SET_PLAYER_HEALTH is part of GTA's scripting language and is not of much use to you unless you hook onto the script engine and get it to where you can force execute script commands at will. You can try to set a breakpoint on the start of the string and see if you can find the functions referencing it and that handle giving you health since the script is just going to parse for that opcode and then execute a function to do its purpose when found though. From there you should be able to find the function handling setting your health like a script would do.

So, if i am correct, the SET_PLAYER_HEALTH is nothing but a instruction to call a function in GTAV's scripting engine?

Since we need to be able to manipulate these functions, what do you advise? Would calling the pointer through it's unique AOB Code through our program and using CE to check for calls out to the function in the scripting engine, and then noting down that AOB be the most efficient? and, since i am fairly new to all of this, would this work?

Oh, by the way, yes, i am a friend of xsatanx.

Thank you in advance Smile.
atom0s

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would need to find the function that is called after SET_PLAYER_HEALTH is determined to be what is used in a script. Once you have the function, you can do whatever method you wish to keep obtaining it afterward, be it hard offsets, pattern scanning, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: