Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some beginner-questions regarding Base Addresses in CE!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sysla1
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Some beginner-questions regarding Base Addresses in CE! Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been programming with java and c++ 1 year now and I am really interested in learning to write trainers and hacks,

look at the first attachment Screenshot please.

It is pointing on our current Wood in Age of Empires 2!

It starts on the Address 06C19CF0, this address is received by "aoe2.exe"+006C2A88

1. What is the first part with the ".exe"? Is this representing the base address of the game? Where to find that Address?
2. this "0x6C2A88" Offset we are adding to it, is this the Offset needed to navigate to the Base-Address of the Structure containing the specific player-information like "gold", "wood", "stone", "food" and so on?
3. We have 5 Offsets to navigate to the "Wood"-Value, is this what is considered a Multilevel-Pointer?

Next Part:
So each game has a base-address, right? I have read that you can find it under enumerate DLL's, see the second attachment.

Means 00ED0000 would be the base-address of AoE BUT when using c++ to receive the Base-Address with:
Code:
DWORD baseAddress = memoryManager.GetModuleBaseAddress("AoK HD.exe");

//The Function can be found below:
DWORD MemoryManager::GetModuleBaseAddress(LPSTR Module){
   HANDLE hModule = CreateToolhelp32Snapshot(TH32CS_SNAPMODULE, dwPID);
   MODULEENTRY32 ModuleEntry;
   ModuleEntry.dwSize = sizeof(ModuleEntry);

do{
      if (!strcmp(ModuleEntry.szModule, Module)){
         CloseHandle(hModule);
         return (DWORD)ModuleEntry.modBaseAddr;
      }
   } while (Module32Next(hModule, &ModuleEntry));
}

I receive a different Address like seen on the third attachment!

What is the right base-address, or arent these base-addresses at all?

I could use some explanation, I think theres something wrong with my understanding right now!

Thanks
sysla1
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one??
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disclaimer: I don't really know much about coding trainers since I mostly stick to CE but I've learned a couple things reading the posts people make...

1. It's a "module" and translates to the base address of the module with that name
2. um, maybe? All you've given is an address which doesn't tell you anything about what is at that location, it could be a 1 byte boolean or a bunch of booleans packed together using bitwise operators, or it could be an int, or a float, or a pointer, or a C++ vtable, or a struct of useful information like you suggested.
3. um.... assuming you're referring to the third image, yes. It has to read the value at the "base" address and then add an offset to that and read that memory, add an offset and read memory again, add...

presumably "aoe2.exe" is not the same module as "AoK HD.exe" and so they don't have the same base address, but I don't have the game...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: