Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question, new to this

View previous topic :: View next topic  
klesko
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Question, new to this Reply with quote

So kinda new to cheat engine and memory editing and general.

I found the value I need to change no problem and can change it. I am playing a game that when I zone or login the value changes back to the default value and I have to change it back. Once again not a big deal, I wrote a small vb.net app that just runs in the background and changes the value back whenever its detected changed.

The problem is that something must be reading the value before I can change it back to what I want it to be. Is there anyway to hook into that memory address to ensure I change it before anything else see it or any other suggestions?

Just to be clear, I tried freezing the value and that didn't work.
atom0s

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the tutorial that comes with Cheat Engine, it explains how to do some basics and gets your feet wet in the various features of CE.

Also since you mentioned zone/login, keep in mind that CE will not work on most online games for basic values like health/gold/etc. as the data is stored on the server and not your client in most cases.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: