Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Machine Language

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jobeth213
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Machine Language Reply with quote

Hello this is my first post I'm currently reading normal C++ book about object oriented programming.. I've seen CE having something like "jmp,mov " etc etc I really don't know what it is, was it machine language? because I found a book about intel x86 Assembly and planning to read it. I was hoping from there I could understand what CE mean by this code "jmp,mov" etc. etc. and be able to reverse engineer XTRAP Gameguard and some other game protector.. any answer will be much appreciated thank you so much for your time Very Happy
atom0s

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's considered assembly language. CE's ASM, to me, is closest to MASM. However, it does include customizations and such to allow extended features specific to Cheat Engine and game hacking in general.

jmp stands for jump. Meaning to jump from one location to another while executing the instructions of a function.

mov is a move/copy instruction telling the CPU to copy the contents of one location to another, depending on how it is used. It can be between a register and/or address location etc.

Also keep in mind that there are various forms of ASM instructions, between x86 and x64, as well as FPU/SEE/MMX/etc. so there is quite a bit to read up on depending on what you are planning to learn.

jobeth213
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:
It's considered assembly language. CE's ASM, to me, is closest to MASM. However, it does include customizations and such to allow extended features specific to Cheat Engine and game hacking in general.

jmp stands for jump. Meaning to jump from one location to another while executing the instructions of a function.

mov is a move/copy instruction telling the CPU to copy the contents of one location to another, depending on how it is used. It can be between a register and/or address location etc.

Also keep in mind that there are various forms of ASM instructions, between x86 and x64, as well as FPU/SEE/MMX/etc. so there is quite a bit to read up on depending on what you are planning to learn.

thank you sir i'll keep this in mind should I go learn win api first or x86 intel?
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a long way ahead if you don't even know what mov,jmp are to reverse xtrap.

These are asm instruction and yeah you should read that book. It might help.

atom0s

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jobeth213 wrote:
thank you sir i'll keep this in mind should I go learn win api first or x86 intel?

In terms of game hacking you are going to need to learn both. Win API is needed to interact with the system and target process etc. You will need to learn to understand ASM in order to reverse engineer things.

If your target/goal is to reverse XTrap / GameGuard, you have a long way ahead of you. Both use kernel level hooks (via drivers) and involve a lot of work to reverse and understand in full detail. There is very little information on most anti-cheats shared online anymore due to people either selling cheats or avoiding detecting by leaking info that will get their cheats patched so you are going to land up doing it all yourself with little to no help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: