Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Water cooling rig

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elpacco
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Water cooling rig Reply with quote

Is anyone here familiar with water cooling? I plan on doing one as a fun project now that I have disposable income. Water cooling is a new thing to me so I'm primarily looking for anyone that has any experience/recommendations on that front. I haven't built a computer in a while so I'm a little out of touch with the hardware scene of the present year.

I plan on getting a:
Ryzen 7 1800x
1080 Ti (w/ pre-affixed waterblock)
Samsung 960 EVO

Now I want this to be small and quiet. I don't care too much about overclocking, the hardware I'm buying is plenty powerful enough. For a case, I am leaning towards the NCase M1 and I think I'll need a micro-ATX motherboard but if there is a smaller form factor that supports all the features I want and doesn't impose a bottleneck on any of the components listed above then I'm all for it. For the case, I'm not set on the M1 but I don't want anything too flashy or large.

For my loop, I plan on doing reservoir -> pump -> GPU -> CPU -> radiator -> reservoir but like I said I've never done this before so if someone has some spicy suggestions I'd love to hear them. One thing I can't decide on is whether I should do one or two radiators. I've read that two radiators can be better than one because it allows you to run the fans at lower speeds to achieve the same heat transfer, but I am concerned that my case may not fit two radiators.

So, things I need suggestions for:
- mobo (smallest possible that supports everything I need)
- reservoir and pump (combined or separate)
- radiator
- radiator fans
- tubing
- connectors
- coolant
- case
- tools!

PSU/RAM is something I can figure out myself once I've got the rest down. Thanks!

FangBanger wrote:
What is the best way for a lv19 Soldier to solo Sledge on Borderlands?
Shoot him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: