Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dynamic Memory Allocation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm have you heard of debuggers? or are you confusing dma with something else
arlightOne
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotBloodedHacker wrote:
STN wrote:
Uhm have you heard of debuggers? or are you confusing dma with something else

Hi STN. How can a debugger stop the game from changing the memory every time?
You would have to stop it at it's source to keep the game from grabbing new memory. That's why I ask if there's a way to find the source opt code that tells the game to find new memory, if that is possible.
Do you get what I am saying?
Smile

thanks for the good laugh today Very Happy Very Happy
atom0s

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in the tutorials section of the forums. There are a ton of posts covering how to handle DMA.

Moved to General Gamehacking since this is not a Lua related topic.

atom0s

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should take a step back and read up on what DMA is and how it works. You seem to be misunderstanding what it is based on how you are explaining your goal. Understanding it better may help you figure out what you are trying to do in the long run.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will explain this in laymen terms and as simple as possible. DMA is not an anticheat, it's how programs are coded. To stop a game completely from dynamically allocating its variables and structures, you will need to re-code the game into using static addresses and that will probably make the game slow like a snail and eat all your memory since you couldn't free up unused useless area of memory anymore (static). Not to mention to do that would be a bigger headache and hard work than learning how to deal with DMA in memory.

Here's another simple example - back in the olden days we used code-caves and to find code-caves we searched for empty (00) code. That was a mess and rendered injections useless if versions changed a bit, size was an issue and you had to keep track of every address. <- That is static allocation (ermm..kinda..in some way but lets assume it for understanding's sake and not correctness sake).

Then we moved to VirtualAlloc(EX) and wonderful things happened to trainer making. You could allocate memory on the spot of any size, make complex scripts easily, i have seen people allocate memory for copying the whole of game code (defeating anticheats) with no worries of size. <- That is dynamic allocation. <- Now if a "clueless noob" came and wanted to stop that from happening, what would you think HotBloodedHacker? Your first thought be why and then you'd think he's an idiot, eh? Wink

It's the same deal with games. Now "defeating" DMA is piss easy especially with CE today. No worries of code caves, jumping back jump to cave bla bla, all that. CE does it for you.

dynamically allocated health address -> Breakpoint -> code <- inject or modify the code = DMA defeated.

You don't even have to type anything - in autoassemble > template > code injection.

Hope you now understand it and figured out how to defeat it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: