Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Help] Trouble finding a static variable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stav
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: [Help] Trouble finding a static variable Reply with quote

so im trying to write a program that changes a variables value in a game that i wrote myself, in unity 5.

all the game is, is a big number on the screen that increments by 3 every 10 seconds (starting at 37).

so the first thing i did was attatch the game process to cheat engine.

then i searched for a value of exactly 37, and found a bunch of addresses with that value.

then i waited 10 seconds, for the game to increment the number, and then searched for 40.
that returned me just 1 address (0x040B49E8).

so then i tried changing the value in cheat engine and sure enough it also changed in the game.
so far so good.

now i want to find someting static that points to the address, so that i can still edit the value even if i close and reopen the game

so i pressed F6 on the dynamic address, to find out what writes to it.

that returned me 1 result, which i pressed "more info" on.

it gave me this:
Code:

>>mov [eax+10], ecx

so it seems that the value of eax + 0x10 is equal to my dynamic address (0x040B49E8)

so i checked what was in eax, and found 0x040B49D8. Which when incremented by 0x10 equals exactly my dynamic address. everything makes sense.

so then i did a new search for 0x040B49D8 (what was in eax) and it returned me 2 results.

then i clicked on one of them and pressed F5, to see what accessed it.
and heres where things get wired...

so it returned me a bunch of results.
i pressed "more information" on one of them and i got this:

Code:

>> cmp dword ptr [esi+14],00

so i thought that could only mean that there was an address in esi and if you add 0x14 to it then
it should add up to the address 0x040B49D8 (the address i pressed, "see what accesses this addres" on).

so i checked esi and found this... 0x4B7E1E0

which doesn't make any sense because 0x4B7E1E0 + 0x14 = 0x4B7E1F4 and not 0x040B49D8 ??

whats going on?
am i doing something wrong here, orr?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: