Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding what happens on a Loot corpse button when clicked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korynakka
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Finding what happens on a Loot corpse button when clicked Reply with quote

Hi Everyone. I am getting used to how Cheat Engine works and have been through the tutorials and like with a lot of things, I sometimes struggle to take information learnt in one area and applying it to another. This means this question might already have been answered in the tutorial (which I completed and tried to learn from as much as possible), but I don't know how to solve my issue.

There is a game I am trying to see if it is hackable/cheatable in where you kill monsters and then the corpses are left on the floor for you to loot in a very old MMORPG way. You then go up to corpse and press E to loot the corpse which opens up a looting window which then allows you to pick options like butcher, extract skull, loot all and bury corpse etc. I was wondering if there is a way to find out what the game does in the "Press E", "Click Loot all", "Click bury corpse" stages to see if it is possible to automate these clicks into 1 quick step so that when I press E, the loot goes into my inventory and the corpse is buried. When "Bury corpse" is clicked, the corpse disappears and the looting window closes.

How would I go about doing this?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could set a breakpoint at the Winsock send api's (there is more than 1) and then backtrace to the originating point/function
then do a hook somewhere that calls that function with the correct parameters when needed. (do not use winsock to send the packets as it may encrypted, so best let the game fo that for you)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you are creating a bot, why not just create a simple macro to automate this?
korynakka
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would I go about doing this Dark Byte? I am still struggling to get my head around the hacking language used here Smile

++METHOS
I am only slightly familiar with creating macros using macro recorders which track screen position and clicks.

I was hoping cheat engine would allow me to avoid using these types of program and would allow me to play the game and just set a hot key so that when I press it, I could loot a corpse, bury the corpse and then move onto the next button in 1 press of a button and it be instantaneous. So I guess we would call this a bot?
korynakka
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't had a reply in a while... Hopefully this post hasn't gotten lost in amongst the other posts Smile
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use a macro or learn how to do it the hard way.
korynakka
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested to learn how to do either of these methods.

How would I go about learning how to create a macro / learning to do this the hard way?

The game is running in unity and I am able to do things like change the HP values etc, but I don't know how to go about finding the values for the loot corpse window and the bury corpse buttons as they are unknown values and there are lots of values which are changing all the time e.g hp and mana recovery rates etc.
karizma420
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since its a unity game, one of the first things i would reccommend is using Dnspy (there are other programs but this is what i personally find easier to use). open up assembly-csharp.dll in steam>steamapps>*game*>managed with dnspy then search for keywords such as loot, bury, etc. anything you can think of that might refer to the looting process. if you find something interesting take note. someone here may be able to help you from there

Other then that i cant really say much else as i just recently started making cheats, and even more recently with unity.
korynakka
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downloaded DNSpy, but what is the next stage I should do?

Using the DnSpy-x86 (as the game is 32-bit), I have tried going through Debug>Debug an assembly and then routing the Assembly path to where my game is saved. I then try breaking at Module,octor or Entry point and click ok and the game opens. I have flicked back to DNSpy to see if it is running and it says it is running, but I am getting no information or anything.

Any help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: