Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starcrawlers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acleacius
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Starcrawlers Reply with quote

Skill points and credits are pretty easy to find. Anyone figured out how to scan for negative numbers when trying to adjust Reputation with the 10 or 12 different Factions?

Thanks
NeoPhantome
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've encountered a game which had a reputation system. I don't know if they use a similar system though.

ingame it would show as -50 to 50, 0 being neutral. In the memory that value was actually stored as 0 for -50 and 1000 as 50.
Acleacius
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it a shot, thanks. I expected there to be more Cheat Engine people playing Starcrawlers.

Edit: Guess not, didn't seem to work, so far everything has been 4 bytes. I did see a bulletin board of sorts and it looks like the max is 100. After the first mission you get, depending on your choices -5 or -6. So it looks like it ranges from -100 to 100.

It might be better to try editing the Savegame, in case anyone knows how to decrypt it. Notepad ++ shows most of the info, just not enough to fully read it.
DataShade
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this counts as a necro, but I'm trying my hand at the same game and there are literally 0 other posts about it.

The reputation values are exactly as they seem in game, but since they're 4-byte values, negative values end up showing as things like "4294967266" unless you've changed the entry to "Show as Signed."

I've been able to find both the reputation values and the number of favors for almost all the factions, and they seem weirdly stable - one game, Boomslang'll be 0x27FC1751E58, and the next time I quit and reload, it's 0x1857F8F1E58, last four the same every time, and the favors for each is always 0x138 from the rep ... but I'm basic enough with this tool that I've had no luck finding a stable pointer for any of them.

I've read that browser games are next to impossible to find stable pointers for, and this game is made in the Unity engine - should I just write it off as a loss?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: