Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inject code to add specific exp value.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoPhantome
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Inject code to add specific exp value. Reply with quote

I'm currently trying to add a specific amount of exp to a given exp value in the game Digimon World 2003.

I found the hidden DVexp for 2 digimon, then figured out which adresses writes to them. Happens that both refers to the same address.

Tried to do some code injection, but i keep getting a crash with "unknown opcode" error

(see screenshot)

I'm wondering if there's another way to get around this problem. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Untitled5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  558.43 KB
 Viewed:  9744 Time(s)

Untitled5.jpg

sbryzl
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible the newmem location could be set in a location that requires an extra operand for the jump which would then cause the nop to be written over the next op. In that case you could just remove the nop and it would work.
NeoPhantome
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply

I removed the nop , which indeed got rid of the unknown opcode error, instead the epsxe.exe simply crash now. :S
I'm at a loss right now. am i doing something wrong?
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an emulator, so its probably affecting dozens/hundreds of values (right click the instruction and check what addresses it accesses). If so then you'll need to find something to compare against so that you only change xp rather than everything that goes through that instruction.
NeoPhantome
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed affecting quite a few values.
after 2 battles which i know the exact exp amount given, i don't see anything that seem to be accessed by this address from when the battle start to the end of result screen when the exp is compiled except from the exact end exp amount, which i already found with basic search.

Anything else i should look up to find this value? i kind of expired all my known resources and avenues.
NeoPhantome
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a LOT of searching around the code, i cannot for the life of me , find how to modify the exp gain.
I can easily modify the total exp easy enough, but killing the feeling of progression is also killing the fun for me.
I simply want to add a value to the exp given at the end of battle. in any other game it would be easy with simple code injection but this one seems overly complicated.
I spent hours looking at what accesses addresses , trying to modify values here and there with no avail. its either doing absolutely nothing or crash the game.
I even went and took already existing cheat codes and look how they affect memory value for exp to give me clues, that also went nowhere.

Any kind of help will be very appreciated at this point if someone could either point me toward a new avenue to look for.

Thanks in advance.
sbryzl
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would look at the disassembly view after you enable your script both at the injection point and where it jumps to. Should be able to see the problem. Maybe it has something to do with running in an emulator though which I wouldn't know about.
NeoPhantome
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what i found out so far.

-The exp value i'm trying to find cannot be more than 10 nor lower than 1
-Each enemy has a specific exp value (unknown except for 1 specific enemy i know is always =1) which is then lowered if your base level is past a certain point.
- this exp is hidden from the player (however the total exp gained is easily found with basic cheat engine scan)
- When i look at what writes into the total exp address, the EDX value is always equal the total exp after the calculations (see original Screenshot), however the formula at this address also controls a few other dozens addresses which crashes the game if i mess with it as is
- The Total exp address is also accessed (read) by another address 17 times right before doing the exp calculation. (SEE SCREENSHOT) From what i can see it takes the total exp before doing any changes to it and put it in EAX. If i try to add the extra exp to EAX it crashed the game.

its as far as i got. Looking at assembly or memory view at the points mentionned by sbryzl didnt give me any extra info on what's going on.

read value.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  414.32 KB
 Viewed:  9535 Time(s)

read value.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: