Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modifying a value that changes address?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DodgeWolfy
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Modifying a value that changes address? Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I'm a complete noob when it comes to Cheat Engine and really have no idea what to do past the simple search and modify kind of stuff, but seeing how powerful CE is i really think it's amazing how much you can do, if you have the knowledge

Recently i got back into Orcs Must Die 2 and i realized that the Money address changes with restarts of the level, which i do often to change up strategies and experiment on Endless in general. (as you can't change loadout after placing a trap)

I've been wondering if there's a way to make it add or just modify the value of the NEW address each time it changes, so far to speed up finding the new address rather than searching every time i've done something along the lines of:
1. Find the address
2. Find what writes to said address (only 1 result shows up)
3. Open it in disassembler and it shows
Code:
mov esi,[eax+7C]
I am not sure what it means but maybe i can modify it from here? I really don't know.. sorry.
4. Find what address this instruction accesses and that way every time i restart i instantly have the new address listed right there.

My question is how do i "automate" the changing / modifying of the value whenever the address changes, or would that be too complicated and it's easier just to modify the address manually each time?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, just curious.

Thanks to everyone in advance! <3
crashoverride93
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No stupid question was assked here But to be honest this is a simple move instruction meaning it directly modifies the value when ever you do what ever modifies this value in game.

Any ways mov esi,[eax+7C],FF could be used to directly change this value to 255 to when the function you did in game is performed again
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, you should always hook the code that writes the value, regardless of it being a fixed or a dynamic address.
Will save you the headaches from having to track down crashes Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: