Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to take reduced damage in DS3, but not be invincible

View previous topic :: View next topic  
henrytm82
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Want to take reduced damage in DS3, but not be invincible Reply with quote

All the CE tables I can find for Dark Souls 3 have pretty binary options for things like health - on or off, infinite or default. What I'd like to do is use CE to reduce the amount of damage I take from enemies by, let's say, 50%, but I don't want to be invincible.

Can something like that be done, and how would I go about doing it? I'm not a programmer, but I followed the tutorial so I get the basic gist of scanning for changes and figuring out which values are my health, or my defense rating, or whatever. But explain like I don't know programming terms, because I don't Wink
Hatschi
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to get your health value, set a write bp on it (find out what writes to), then take damage. Then you got the game function that changes your health value.

Then you can for example take the value that subtracts from your health and divide it by 50% before it's applied.

This way you take -50% reduced damage. Obviously you have to take care that it only applies to you and not enemies and that it it applies when your health gets reduced and not increased.
henrytm82
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well maybe I don't understand using CE as well as I thought I did. The tutorial gave me a general idea of looking for health values, but from what I can tell, DS3 is using, at a minimum, 8 different addresses for health. I started a new character, and did the process of elimination scans to find my health address, and I'm left with 8 of them that all change to the same value if I take damage or heal.

So how do I know which one is the right one to mess with?

This is clearly more complicated than I imagined it would be.

EDIT: Well it looks like something is preventing this kind of thing. Whenever I do "Find out what writes to this address" on any of those eight addresses, the game crashes.
Mr.realdoge
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To find out which one of those is the right just change the value(of those eight addresses)one by one and see if there is any changes in the game,and if there are that means you have found out the right address.
henrytm82
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I tried that, and the game automatically changed the values back to what they were supposed to be. Seems FromSoft isn't interested in letting me mess with the game.
whismerhill
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just guessing cause I don't have that game, and I'm not a pro
but generally speaking when changing a value doesn't work it means :
-either you have the wrong address : solution search again
-either you found a display value, it is pretty common to have at least 2 hex values for the same thing, one is generally the displayed value, the other the value from which the displayed value is taken. Long ago changing this displayed value meant you'd see the value for like 200ms before it's overwritten by the real value. Nowadays it depends on the game but generally it's near instantaneous : solution search again

in some games, the displayed value could be an integer but the real value could be a float ... also it could be hidden in other ways to make life of cheaters more difficult in general.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: