Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Programming Language

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemexia55
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Programming Language Reply with quote

I know this question is asked by so many people and internet is full of answers but i really could find my answer and its really annoying:

my intentions:
1-NOT for job or getting employed, i want to learn just because i love programming. (so income from programming is not a limiting factor)
2-use it for a long time. (language that is probably going to be available until i'm dead)
3-want to make wide range of programs.(Almost anything) (Not limited to only few functions)
4-want to learn it myself(without a tutor)

some other properties:
1-ease of use
2-multi-purpose
3-not much dependencies on other third-party libraries/programs

some info about me:
1-i'm familiar with few languages from most to least:
1-C++: more than "Teach yourself C++ in 21 days",really liked it, pointers were OK, speed was awesome: pointers SOMETIMES made the code hard to understand, libraries hard to understand and to use.
2-Java: just wrote few codes and executed:seems to be portable:have rather bad feelings about it(maybe because don't know much about it).
3-Python: just wrote few codes and executed by looking through its tutorial in its official IDLE. Active supporting society: liked C++ syntax and code writing more than python's.
4-Assembly: enough to work with CE assembly and write AA codes learned by looking through CE tutorials and asking questions in this forum:made me a good view of how machine thinks as if learning a new Human language: obviously not a good choice.
2-my education isn't related to programming at all.
3-have "enough" time to learn

yes the answer contains info about "Me" but i know people with the "same" problem with the same "properties", so answer to the question will be a help for me and my friends.

+better to be just one language, if not possible at most two that can easily communicate with each other.

Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you to keep on learning c++ , you can try to do your own software
Learn from examples and tuts, there are billions of tutorials about c++ in the web, just search for them.
Also I may suggest you a good forum if you are interested in reversing and c++.
It's called Tuts4you ... (when I have freetime I just take a look at it like if it's some kind of a newspaper)
deleted19776
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go all in on Python. It has a great efficiency of ~6 C lines per 1 line of Python code, easy to learn, and can do many common things that you want. C++ is good for high performance low-latency apps, but that's clearly not your goal. You can't go wrong here: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/python/

But to fully understand lists in Python, it may help to learn about pointers and arrays in good old C as they behave similarly.
atom0s

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The language you pick is really up to you. It also depends on what you are focused on wanting to create. Just saying 'wide range' or similar does not give much context on to what you are interested in making. Every language has its ups and downs for various purposes.

Can you give more input on what you plan to make?

If you know C or C++, I'd suggest really getting into it more and taking it serious. It is a great language to know for pretty much anything.

If you are focused on quick scripts to knock out some simple tasks from time to time, Python would be a great thing to learn.

If you are interested in UI front-end systems, I personally prefer C# using WPF. Other suggestions here would be libraries such as wxWidgets but for a newer user, it can be a bit intimidating to get setup and using.

Pretty much any language can talk to each other by various methods. This type of programming is usually referred to as 'IPC' (inter process communication). This can be done a ton of ways such as:
- Memory mapped files.
- Named pipes.
- Mail slots.
- Sockets.
- Raw files.
- Custom messaging. (WM_USER etc)

Each method has its ups and downs. For simple purposes, any suffice great, for more intensive things, my personal experience has been best with memory mapped files and raw sockets with a library such as ZMQ.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: