Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I use 64 bit values as a score hack instead of 32 bit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColdAtTimes
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: How do I use 64 bit values as a score hack instead of 32 bit Reply with quote

So basically

Highest 32 bit number = 2,147,483,647
Highest 64 bit number = 9,223,372,036,854,775,807

we all know this number and many people use the highest 32 bit number to hack in game scores..

score = 100
scan 100 in 4 bytes

get the address, change it to 2,147,483,647

congratulations you hit the highest 32 bit number BUT i do not want this. i want to modify my score as a 64 bit number.

Cheat Engine has a 8 byte option. If you scan your score of 100, you wont find those values.

Scan your score in 4bytes, change the type to 8 bytes, input the 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 and then when you play the game, your score becomes NaN or 2,147,483,647

so clearly the 8byte values become 4bytes when modifying scores.

How can I use 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 as my score instead of 2,147,483,647
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd have to rewrite the game to use 8 bytes instead of 4 every time it access or writes to your score, you'd also have to find where the memory is allocated for score and increase it to 8 instead of 4 and change how every variable after the score is accessed because then they'd be 4 bytes further along in memory (or allocate 8 bytes for the memory somewhere else and just change every bit of code that accesses it to read from that memory instead of where it originally was). That includes when saving it to a file, and you're pretty much out of luck if it's sent to a server since the server is going to expect a 4 byte value and you can't change that because you don't have access to the server.

That's likely to cause problems when trying to load a save unless you "patch" the game file itself so that your hack is always in effect, otherwise when the game loads it's still using it as a 4 byte value even though the save has an 8 byte value...

In short: It's more work than it's worth just to see a bigger number.
ColdAtTimes
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya! So I used a HTML Post editor (similar to fiddler / live http headers on firefox) and i captured the part where it sent my score to the server.

I managed to change my score to the 64 bit integer. Would I still have to go through the complicated process using a memory editor to achieve that score?
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a javascript game then it doesn't really have 4/8 byte types like native programs do since it treats all numbers as the same type (and size). Also, if you're sending things to a server then it's entirely up to how the server treats that value; It can compare it to the typical 32 bit max or JS's typical max safe integer or anything else the developers want and there's really nothing you can do about it (other than figure out what code handles receiving/displaying that value and change it to display what you want if you can figure out how).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: