Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does this just ends like this ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaesarCzech
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Does this just ends like this ? Reply with quote

IMHO honestly the problem is gaming community has became weak.
I miss the days of "entitled" gamers when we actually had spine. Cheat engine is not comming back and its because we simply didnt cause backlash.
i miss the days where this would result in massive brigade, 4 chan trolling and shitstorm. Id say lets come with plan, lets not fight them in term of law but in term of PR. Lets give it a shot. Cheat engine deserves it.

So to the point. What can we do to have this result in PR damage ? Potentially resulting in them withrawing that Cease and desist ? we need planning,analyssis and other stuff.

I wonder why darkbyte doesnt simply transfer it to someone outside USA ?
they did Cease and desist on the tables not on the forum. and well if different owner decides to add the stuff that was removed ? well not darkbyte problem

im Afraid we are lakmus paper. If we just fold they will come for other cheat sites. Thats why only cheat engine recived this.
SinStar87
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll quote what I said on the Steam Workshop

Quote:
IDK, there's no fight to support and aid and fund, any real change would require legal reforms, given the state of the government that's hugely difficult to achieve. You'd have to get 10's of millions of supporters divided, by population, throughout the US to provide enough political pressure for it. With that kind of clout you'd, in my opinion, have an easier go of buying your own country and forming your own country.

I know I'm not charismatic, rich, nor powerful enough to push anything like that. And I also have no interest in being sued or jailed so I also have no interest in pushing for someone else step up and risk that either. I recently spent 3 days arguing, not just to mention destroying acquaintanceships I've had for years with the moderators, in futile attempt after a mod made about this situation was pulled from The CK2AGOT subreddit and all I got for it is a locked thread, a heavy negative hit to my reddit post score, and and people deleting their messages of support after the lock.

But if you think you can make a difference, go for it, Sincerely. I wish you luck.

*Edit* Here you go, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party seems there's already organizations to work with.

Last edited by SinStar87 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what old days you lived in, i don't remember any companies especially one as big as Bethesda and the others that ESA represent get hit by negative PR and their bottom line affected for pursuing DMCA laws. Even SOPA couldn't be stopped and the whole world tried. You also have high hopes from kids of today, the majority of cef users are kids.

Its sad but we can't really do anything. I am a pessimist and always look at the worst possible outcome so i could be wrong but i don't think a revolution can be started - by a bunch of kids of all - against a most thought out law by the smartest lawyers in the world to suppress piracy/protect dominance of big companies. EFF has failed and they are far more capable than us.

^Yeah good luck though if you can get the ball rolling, we will all join you.

atom0s

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Does this just ends like this ? Reply with quote

CaesarCzech wrote:
IMHO honestly the problem is gaming community has became weak.
I miss the days of "entitled" gamers when we actually had spine. Cheat engine is not comming back and its because we simply didnt cause backlash.
i miss the days where this would result in massive brigade, 4 chan trolling and shitstorm. Id say lets come with plan, lets not fight them in term of law but in term of PR. Lets give it a shot. Cheat engine deserves it.

Cheat Engine is not going anywhere. The tool itself is still being updated and worked on and the forums specific to support for it are here to stay. There is nothing changing in that regard. What was removed was game specific information being posted to the site due to legal issues.

CaesarCzech wrote:
So to the point. What can we do to have this result in PR damage ? Potentially resulting in them withrawing that Cease and desist ? we need planning,analyssis and other stuff.

As a normal forum user, nothing. The legal side of things are on Dark Byte, not the community. He is deemed responsible for the content of the site as he is the owner. It is up to him to handle the situation as he sees fit and his choice was to remove the cheat table sections. There has been very little information about what was sent to DB and its validation posted from DB himself to have anyone really form any full analysis on the topic. So unless he decides to post more info about it, there is nothing else to be done besides speculation.

CaesarCzech wrote:
I wonder why darkbyte doesnt simply transfer it to someone outside USA ?
they did Cease and desist on the tables not on the forum. and well if different owner decides to add the stuff that was removed ? well not darkbyte problem

Dark Byte is not from the USA and does not host this site within the USA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: