Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacing Motherboard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KalasDev
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Replacing Motherboard Reply with quote

Hey, so I'm going to replace my Motherboard and buy a new SSD as well.

Those are the two parts:

SSD: Transcend SSD370 TS256GSSD370 256GB SSD SATA III

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H170-HD3 LGA1151, Intel H170, DDR4, 2xPCI-E, VGA, DVI, HDMI

I wanted to ask, If I replace my Mobo I need to reinstall my Windows again right? and if I put SSD as well rather just install it on that, but I wanted to ask how exactly am I going to do it, do I need to go to the store and buy a damn windows 10 disk?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is recommended that you put the OS on the SSD, but it is not required. Since the SSD is new, then you will need to install the OS on it so that you can take advantage of the increased read/write speeds. If you do not have a Windows disk already, then you will need to buy/download/borrow a copy or consider a free Linux distro.

Simply replacing your motherboard does not require a reinstall of Windows. You may have to download the appropriate drivers for it, though.

You can install windows on your SSD by keeping your original disk drive in your computer and booting from that. Once Windows is installed, you can change the boot sequence in bios and boot from your SSD. Beyond that, it is up to you if you want to reformat your disk drive and remove Windows from it -- but I would not do that until you are sure that Windows has been properly installed and can run from the SSD.
KalasDev
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehmm sounds kind of complicated to be honest.

Thank you though for your reply, I'm just going to call a tech guy so he could swap Mobo and placing SSD and do everything else.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, you do not need to keep your original disk drive connected in order to install Windows -- I only assumed that you did not have a Windows disc based on your previous comment.
KalasDev
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't Smile

I think it's best to remove the HDD itself while installing Windows just to make sure it's going to be installed on the SSD.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacing Motherboard Reply with quote

KalasWD wrote:
I wanted to ask, If I replace my Mobo I need to reinstall my Windows again right?

True most of the time, but it depends on how Windows was installed and what it stored into your BIOS.
Windows 7 is easier to take over to a new mobo.

Quote:
I think it's best to remove the HDD itself while installing Windows just to make sure it's going to be installed on the SSD.

Yes, that's a golden rule.
Microsoft products are highly intelligent so they rarely do what you want them to do.
So leave these 'user-friendly' products no choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: