Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Future table downloads/trainer links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pellik
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Future table downloads/trainer links Reply with quote

WarStalkeR wrote:
Dark Byte wrote:
With games becoming more and more online and laws are passed constantly to take away your rights to your own possessions, I think it's better to move the tables and trainers section to a place not owned by me.

DB, somebody trolled you:
1) For breaching the ToS you can't be sued, because you haven't broken any law, but you can be banned in the game itself.
2) For cheating, even in multiplayer game, i.e. changing client-side stored information, which server accepts as is - also not punishable by law, because you've changed information that was at your PC. Well, I'm pretty sure you will be banned for it in the game though.
3) For hacking, in multiplayer game, i.e. hacking into the server and changing data to get advantage, you can be easily punished by law. Hacking, regardless of what target is (CoD's server or Pentagon's pron Database) - is against the law, because data you're changing is deployed on the server side.

All cases where server completely trusts client's data (and thus just copies/accepts it back and forth) - is problem of the developer. Basically cheating will get you banned in game for breaking in ToS. Hacking will get you in jail.

And all of us - are community of cheaters, not hackers. Even more, we (well, most of us) cheat only in singleplayer games. So all these "laws" are smoke and mirrors.

I seem to recall some guys making bots for WoW getting sued and losing pretty hard. While Cheat Engine itself might not be in violation of any laws, there is certainly a tiny bit of gray area with tables thanks to the DMCA and it's circumvention BS.

Also, the canadian DMCA that was in the news just yesterday for it's "cyber lock" clause could be a problem. Reversing as a whole may be at risk.
Cataclysm
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nibelton wrote:
darkedone02 wrote:
I hope he opens the cheat request and cheat tables back up... i need a table for Torment: Tides of Numenera....

haha we gonna fall back to the dark ages of 90x where cheats practically didn't exist.

If it is any comfort to you, I cheated already '85 Very Happy
Back then we looked with hex-editors in save game files... or swapped disks after putting stuff into ingame containers, so you could take out amazing items as often as you needed them Smile
I had a hardware "cheat engine" attached to my c64 back then... Think it might have been "final Cartridge 3" or so Smile
I hate how some games force you into ridiculous combat on and on... that is why I prefer to avoid or make it short Very Happy
beguiler
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I will add to the discussion is please seek legal help. IANAL but how this was seemingly handled with a ddos first is the number one suspicious thing that makes me question the validity of the claim. Anyone that ddos-ed your site in order to get your attention and send some kind of DMCA like action would be in serious legal jeopardy because a ddos is an illegal action and would cause the plaintiff to be liable to any and all damage it could have caused. That said, you should probably contact the Electronic Frontier Foundation at eff.org (sorry I can't post a link). Your site, data tables, and program do not in anyway violate copyright as far as I can tell. The EFF would probably do your case probono given it's an interesting legal case. You are only a tool maker no different than Microsoft, Intel, GNU C, and the host of all the other people who make debuggers/memory editors/hex editors are.
Corrodias
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'll bookmark fearlessrevolution and see how things go from here.

If you want to allow discussion of games on this forum but require external links instead of attachments, that's easy enough; everyone can host their files where they want. If you don't want to allow discussion of them, that's less convenient, but I suppose we'll just use another site, like that one.

In my inexpert opinion, there's no sort of IP infringement going on here - trademark, copyright, or patent - and it would be a stretch to claim tortious interference. Cheat tables are in no way a "derivative work", and a court isn't going to see them as such. But that's just my opinion, so getting proper, legal advice is probably wise.
XxRaPiD4K3LLERxX
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus101RR wrote:
So, why the hell not close down Cheat Engine and move to a complete new set? What I don't get is why a stupid extension of CT, which is nothing but text parsed by another program is illegal in any way?

I must be missing something that literally says you can't post CTs anymore...

So where do we get them now?

phpBB has literally unlimited attachment storage, probably that is why DB is sticking with it but now that this is happening, IDK what DB might do in this situation.

Zetaboards has way less storage and the attachment file limit is 200KB.
But I'm planning on hosting my own forum like this but it's going to be hard due to lack of storage space.

EDIT: Realised there was an error/typo Neutral For some odd reason, pro-boards comes up as profags XD

Last edited by XxRaPiD4K3LLERxX on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XxRaPiD4K3LLERxX wrote:

phpBB has literally unlimited attachment storage, probably that is why DB is sticking with it but now that this is happening, IDK what DB might do in this situation.

profags has less storage space unless users use cloud storage such as Onedrive, MEGA, Mediafire, Dropbox etc.
But I'm planning on hosting my own forum like this but it's going to be hard due to lack of storage space.

DB is hosting on his own server. Why would DB move to the ad shoving limited boards that 12 year old use to host?

You guys are a funny bunch Very Happy

XxRaPiD4K3LLERxX
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

STN wrote:
XxRaPiD4K3LLERxX wrote:

profags has less storage space unless users use cloud storage such as Onedrive, MEGA, Mediafire, Dropbox etc.

DB is hosting on his own server. Why would DB move to the ad shoving limited boards that 12 year old use to host?

XD Well duh... that's another forgotten reason why DB is sticking or stuck with phpBB.
But it's a shame that this has to happen since I mostly counted on CT for cheats and hacks and of cause, one of yours cheat program Infinity [Which is wonderful btw Smile]

atom0s

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XxRaPiD4K3LLERxX wrote:
STN wrote:
XxRaPiD4K3LLERxX wrote:

XD Well duh... that's another forgotten reason why DB is sticking or stuck with phpBB.
But it's a shame that this has to happen since I mostly counted on CT for cheats and hacks and of cause, one of yours cheat program Infinity [Which is wonderful btw Smile]

The forum system used does not limit the amount of attachments that can be done. That is all dependent on the server hardware (storage specifically) that is available that the site runs on. He has stuck to phpBB (this version specifically) because he has done a lot of custom modifications to it for his needs of administration / moderation. There is no point to fix whats not broken.

XxRaPiD4K3LLERxX
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:
XxRaPiD4K3LLERxX wrote:
STN wrote:
XxRaPiD4K3LLERxX wrote:

The forum system used does not limit the amount of attachments that can be done. That is all dependent on the server hardware (storage specifically) that is available that the site runs on. He has stuck to phpBB (this version specifically) because he has done a lot of custom modifications to it for his needs of administration / moderation. There is no point to fix whats not broken.

Make sense Smile ty for clarifying that.

STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XxRaPiD4K3LLERxX wrote:

You're too kind good sir. thank you!

bruticus0
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a post from five days ago on reddit that has what looks like a comprehensive archive of tables.

And if tables are posting somewhere else, someone please tell Shinkansen for the love of all that is holy and pepperoni. I dunno what I would have done with the last few years of Koei games without him and this site Razz
Meiyoh
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sudden. This was the biggest repository of all tables. Now people have to find staff using google and be forced to register on non safe sites.

As a webmaster myself i see the reason behind this but.....

Anyway. Good luck anyone. Farewell Cheat Engine.

atom0s

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Dark Byte - Are you willing to upload a dump of the past tables offered on the website / forums? Including the forum attachments? Could be useful to have an archive of them hosted elsewhere off your hands.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruticus0 wrote:
There's a post from five days ago on reddit that has what looks like a comprehensive archive of tables.

And if tables are posting somewhere else, someone please tell Shinkansen for the love of all that is holy and pepperoni. I dunno what I would have done with the last few years of Koei games without him and this site Razz

Shinkansen was actually one of the first ones to post his stuff http://fearlessrevolution.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=149

Akami23
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get a better skin on that forum?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: