Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Future table downloads/trainer links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mtn Dew
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Future table downloads/trainer links Reply with quote

Codcat wrote:
@Dark Byte

Can you leave the table/trainer section unlocked but disallow file attachments? The creators of tables can just put a link in their table to an offsite url.

This seems reasonable, you don't host any of the files but lets people have a space for discussion.

Sucks to see this happen.

Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for GitHub. Mostly because it would force me to finally go learn how to use it Laughing
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h3x1c wrote:

What's fascinating to me is how they rarely seem to go after other sites like UnknownCheats, MPGH, etc. that harbor much more legally-questionable content (relatively speaking). I guess because a free CT is low-hanging fruit for them to target or something. It's a raw deal either way, especially with as much emphasis as is placed around here to not hack multiplayer games.

They do but sites like those are better equipped to deal with dmca crap. If you plan to build an illegal site from day one, you obviously get the first problem solved of hosting such sites(dmca crap). DB on the other hand hasn't done anything illegal or planned to so they got him bad.

predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this's possible but if we go with GitHub, can we use GitHub API to search for projects?

For example, if table creators stick to a protocol and name projects according to a game's executable name/checksum, we can make an extension to search for available cheats from within CE based on the name/checksum and display them individually including their targetted game version.

Furthermore, we can separate out the AutoAssembler scripts into .CEA files to be collaborated on by creators on GitHub.

Finally, these scripts and pointers can be modularly added to the addresslist by users or they can download the entire project as a .CT file.

This should make CE more newbie friendly and also beats the current method of reading through entire threads of 100++ pages to find all the available cheats. And as an optional extension, it would not add unnecessary bloat. I say when they go low, we go high, and evolve into something better Very Happy
davidswifty
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm normally a lurker ( i know I hate myself too) but I registered to thank you guys for an amazing tool. It is a damn shame about Bethesda suing Cheat Engine, I hope you kick their arses tbh.
Nibelton
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody suing anybody..where do you even got this ?
copyright trolls just email him that he is baka for teh lulz
whatever there is anything behind it and CAN they do anything about it - no1 knows.
Marcus101RR
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would someone care to explain what is illegal? What law was broken? I don't see how. How about a discord server that links to an alternative DB for tables?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sytron
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Separate application from the cheat tables. The only *legal* standing they have is that Cheat Engine/Compiled trainers are capable of violations. Requiring users to provide their own hosting for their own trainers with a typically liabilities release to use the forums solves most (if not all) issues. As far as the cheat tables, provide them in plain text and have the user need to copy/paste/create their own .ct files from said text.
Nibelton
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus101RR wrote:
care to explain what is illegal

you are asking in the wrong place. i doub't they bothered to inform of DB of it. and why they would ? better leave you in the dark of unknown"danger"
that's psychological pressure. ppls, GOOGLE HOW ©® TROLLS WORK ! stop bloating and creating something that ISN'T there.
the only way they can do anything,if they have proof of copyright violation.
i may know shit about legal thingy in USA,but there are SHIT TONS of websites that sell bots/hack to all kind of mmos and i don't see them bein' sued or anything.
not to mention CE does not provide hack by itself.
they just:
a) don't know what to do with thier lives rather than harras random website
b) targeting the root of the cheats,the program itself.
if B,then they can just go and attack C/C++/Java/etc. cuz there shit ton of that stuff made with them.
im pretty sure they actually can't do shit rather than just bully you.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from your standard, intellectual property infringement -- patent, copyright & trademark violations (even a simple image in a trainer can qualify), you also have proprietary protection schemes for DLC and other micro-transactions that do not fall under the same classification as typical fair usage rights. Couple that with online components -- subscriptions (profit loss), server-sided data manipulation (illegal tampering) and just about anything that can be used to make a claim (legitimate or not), and that makes for a lot of ammunition.

Unfortunately, a lot of what we do might fall under a legal, gray area -- especially when you have offline, single player games that also have online components that happen to use the same instructions for handling that same data. I will not mention any examples for obvious reasons, but this poses a real problem for publishers that never intended for their work to be used in an online environment.

If we write a script or a trainer that allows players to alter the money value for their offline, single-player game, and they end up using it for the online mode, then we may have no control over that. For example, a game that is designed deliberately in such a way, making in-game cash generation for the online portion of the game to be such a grind, but because the cash is such an integral part of the game and is ultimately the focus and driver for success, that the developers are able to capitalize on that opportunity by issuing real cash exchanges for in-game currency.
When the cash value is being handled by the same instruction for both, offline and online modes, and that data can be manipulated at the client level, then that makes for a very weak argument from a legal perspective.

CE and most of what gets published on CEF are tools, and should be classified as such. What you do with those tools is another matter. Just as a gun or a car or a VCR are all tools that can be used to do illegal things -- that should not make them illegal to purchase or sell. What you do with those tools is what matters. The person selling those tools should not be held liable.

It is obvious that some tools are designed for the purpose of circumvention and other questionable activities, which is why online games and warez are and should be prohibited for discussion.
Mai Eternal
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="h3x1c"][quote="Mai Eternal"]Whoever decided to launch the attack is clearly an extremely fucking stupid cunt.[/quote]

So, I mean...how do you [i][b]REALLY[/b][/i] feel about it? lol. :D

What's fascinating to me is how they rarely seem to go after other sites like UnknownCheats, MPGH, etc. that harbor much more legally-questionable content (relatively speaking).[/quote]

kek. I have a big issue with people in positions of power doing stupid shit. Go figure. Tbh I think it's more likely that it's just a disgruntled coder, outraged at the fact that his shitty email to bad judge didn't get the legal shitstorm he was hoping for.

To be honest though I am also very surprised that they haven't gone after something like MPGH, as you said. Which makes me think there's probably another reason.

One thing I'll point out is that, due to the nature of the community here, as well as the nature of the tool, cheat engine can uncover things about the game not intended to be seen such as day 0 dlc and other shit tactics that people hate. It's possible that idiot posts on forums like reddit... like this one:

Massive amount of cut content found via Cheat Engine

Is what is scaring them. This would make sense because if they're trying to hide the fact that they're witholding content to be sold later on we'd uncover it very quickly. Such practices like this are not tollerated by the community and dev companies know it.

Either way, bitch as we might about the issue I doubt they're as stupid as I want them to be. Nothing about this seems simple...

Unless it really is just a troll. Then it's obviously simple :D
Mac4500
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am sad that someone would do this to Dark byte the owner of cheat engine

Dark byte is a very nice person to everyone on here
Segert
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question? When is there a solution. External hosting would be the only option. Also what law from which country is the internet required to follow?

Im waiting on updates from tables from recifence. But dont know if they wil ever come. Sad WH TW and HOI IV tables)

Do people know the status of what wil happen now? Cheat engine and its tables where the only way to cheat most games(singleplayer). Because of advanced coding nowadays and games quit making cheatcodes or console commands. HOI has it still. but that is for al factions so not really a cheat. sadly.
Nibelton
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything temperary locked.
tables will be hosted either somewhere else if there is actual danger or everything will be as it was if this is just trolling.
it's up to DB because we all in the dark here.
SunBeam
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkie hasn't mentioned anything else in 1-2 days now. Let's wait for his reply, as the assumptions laid out here don't really illustrate the real deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: