Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enjoy my posts before
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Enjoy my posts before Reply with quote

Wiccaan nukes them. He has been doing this for years now and i've just been ignoring them (it helps his low self esteem/inferiority complexes, don't ask). But it has gotten so worse lately, i fear you might be wondering where i've disappeared! so i had to make this post as sort of a PSA.

To give you some idea, i had a post here last night - http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=602898

I simply defended myself there, Wiccaan accused me of colluding with and polluting Sunbeam's mind (Sunbeam is a 5 year old kid, very easily influenced, give him a candy you know Wink). Like anyone who dare say anything against him must be influenced by me, its very flattering but people have their own minds you know.

I helped Filipe_Br as well, sadly he won't see it now (the whole reason of this PSA).

Some more examples (Allegedly, i've poisoned ++METHOS's mind too)
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=602884

So if my post helped you in some way, better save it! It's not going to be there when atomos sees it. I can't help it sorry, he's gone full on Nazi...there is good news though, in a month or two he will cool down and this raping of my posts will stop (i mean slow down) but now his ego is very sore and battered, the raping must continue unfortunately.

PS: PMs don't help unfortunately, the fuhrer has extreme reasoning powers to justify his actions.

inb4 atomos Nazi rapes it

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

I don't feel like my mind has been poisoned. How would I know for sure? Now I'm worried...

In all seriousness, I don't care much about any personal issues or feelings. We all have bad days. I spoke my thoughts in that thread and that's all that I can do. I don't feel like I was attacking anyone and I have nothing against anyone on this forum. I don't feel like veteran members should be given more leeway or are superior in any way, either, but I do feel like we've proven that we're not trolls. I can understand being slapped with a warning for repeated, nonsensical posts...but at least have the common courtesy to comment in a thread first before slapping us for a single off-comment.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum tracks moderator actions and edits, so if a mod deletes something, it's not really gone.

Your deleted post was:
Quote:

Filipe_Br post the code then? what is the error? Are you using same compiler as in the tuts you follow?

preceded by two paragraphs of off-topic banter which I would have deleted as well

Also, Atom0s doesn't nearly delete/edit the amount of things I do. Instead of locking topics I prefer to go through whole topics post by post and clean up the flaming, name calling and other off-topic stuff (i'll try not to in this topic, much)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right but that whole thread was offtopic and i was being accused of "instigating" Sunbeam to post whatever he did. Which was a load of bollocks and i went in there replied with offtopic comments of my own then actually "helped" Filipe_Br by asking a question atomos should have asked instead of bragging about his past work. That would've helped him more but whatever, doesn't matter.

Checking it now, the whole thread is now cleaned (idk who did it) but only my post is deleted. Was it really that bad ? Can i not even question the fuhrer but he can accuse me of shit i am clueless about? That shit really pissed me not the deleted thread.

This is the whole thread (thanks Google)
http://archive.is/x732A

PS: Shit, I just now realized this is futile, atomos can never have his powers revoked or his actions ever considered wrong. I feel like such an idiot now Confused wasting my time and breath.

SunBeam
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:32 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

To be honest, I found several issues:

a) What "on-topic" and "off-topic" means.
b) Subjectivity/objectivity.
c) Robotically applying a set of rules (it makes you warm and fuzzy inside up to a point).
d) Not admitting when you're wrong, both in how you operate/address to people (even online, yeah).
e) Over-pumped egos masked by not really caring (it's the Internetz after all).
f) Old beefs propagating by association (that is plain stupid).

In the end, we're all different people, with different approaches. The set of rules exists, although Dark Byte kind of likes to allow a certain freedom (which isn't wrong). But then again, if this much freedom and editing/deleting posts and not warning/banning people, why no off-topics? If you're still going to edit/delete them, that is..

As for my situation with atom0s, it's been resolved:

* I criticized his modding approach (not spotting simple leechers, that basically waste your time: you end up replying, the poster returns with "but I don't know how to do this", in the end, after several back-and-forth, to discover he doesn't even know what he wants to do; why reply with "useful" stuff to begin with? I know, that's me; see b above).

* He considered someone else instigated me against him, somehow; he wasn't clear who that someone was, yet his PM indicated my assumption was correct (yeah, I just love to assume, till proven wrong).

* He was the one to state I wouldn't want to talk to him anymore given the circumstances, basically deciding for himself what I would do/not do, using the pathetic approach of blaming the other, to tell me to literally fuck off, he doesn't care.

* I ended up demonstrating he's wrong, providing a detailed Skype log of my discussions with STN (from past year, as we didn't talk below 2016).

* See d and e above, I've yet to see an apology from him, although I did apologize. And that's cuz he considers everything but his actions to be childish/drama. Apology for what? For wrongly accusing someone being instigated by another individual, basically dragging me into his beef/drama with STN.

What I learned from this, without being influenced by another, is that what I've read on the forums about his behavior is true: arrogance, ego, strictness. I didn't have an "altercation" with him, that's why I was oblivious to this. Always wondered what the heck people are on about; now I know. Guess time either changes people or shows their true colors, due to distance/getting colder.

The simple fact that there are 1, 2, 3, .. 5 people having the same opinion about a certain aspect doesn't mean they're in cahoots. It's your own damn choice if you associate them.

Some things need to be public, past a certain arrogance level.

Edit/delete away, if need be.

BR,
Sun

P.S.: I'll stop with the off-topics from now on, becoming a rigid prick, if that's what's expected of me.
atom0s

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really not sure what to say anymore STN. It is absolutely astounding to me that you literally cannot grow up and act like an adult.

I'm sorry that you still have some deep-seeded hatred for me for whatever reason.
I have no idea what it is you have against me that makes you act like a literal child every chance you get on this site.

Dark Byte has proven that my moderation is not blatantly deleting your posts. I delete posts of yours that are completely off-topic or are 1-liners that you attempt to use to say you are on-topic then go into a random banter about me in some manner. I edit posts of yours that are on-topic and remove things that are targeted at me. I never edit any actual content of your posts that are on-topic. Again, DB can confirm that. I do not abuse my powers. I follow the moderation rules, and I report things if I feel I am unsure how to moderate them. I move things to a hidden section if I feel they need to be reviewed by DB or I will link to them in the moderator section as needed to get others feedback when needed.

The fact that you created a thread like this is just further proving your issues with me for whatever reason are one sided. There are plenty of posts in the General Programming section of yours I have never touched, never deleted, never moderated at all because they are on-topic and helpful. Same goes for every other section I have moderation rights in.

I have never had DB approach me and ask me to not do something about how I moderate since I was given moderator status back in 2007? At most, there has been open discussions about how to handle certain things, new rules as they have been brought up, and so on in the moderator section of the forum. All of which are open discussions, not targeted at one specific moderator.
(Sorry, don't remember the exact date, last post I can find of mine in the mod section is from 2007.)

If he has an issue with something I am doing, I'm sure he would have contacted me already. And if he has any issue with how I've moderated your recent posts he can contact me as needed.

I have moved on and grown up. I have a life, I have a fiance, I have a job, I run several of my own websites for various related things. I enjoy life. I enjoy my friends and family, the new people that have come into my life due to my fiance and currently, I'm probably the happiest I've been in my life.

I'm sorry you still cannot figure out how to reach that point and grow up.

STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, doesn't explain why you dragged me into your beef with Sunbeam and accusing me of instigating him. You owe me and him an apology for accusing us of crap your mind hallucinated. I don't know why you deleted my post only when you were being offtopic yourself and dragging me into this crap. Do you think calling me childish makes it alright?

atom0s wrote:
Just ignore his post, it's not directed at you. He is trying to instigate things because of someone else.

SunBeam wrote:
* He considered someone else instigated me against him, somehow; he wasn't clear who that someone was, yet his PM indicated my assumption was correct (yeah, I just love to assume, till proven wrong).

* I ended up demonstrating he's wrong, providing a detailed Skype log of my discussions with STN (from past year, as we didn't talk below 2016).

* See d and e above, I've yet to see an apology from him, although I did apologize. And that's cuz he considers everything but his actions to be childish/drama. Apology for what? For wrongly accusing someone being instigated by another individual, basically dragging me into his beef/drama with STN.

It would be interesting to see what your PMs were to Sunbeam and what kind of crap you said about me that Sunbeam had to provide my conversation history to prove you wrong.

Not sure what personal happiness has to do with this topic?. Does your post matter less if you're sad?

ulysse31
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SunBeam wrote:

* I criticized his modding approach (not spotting simple leechers, that basically waste your time: you end up replying, the poster returns with "but I don't know how to do this", in the end, after several back-and-forth, to discover he doesn't even know what he wants to do; why reply with "useful" stuff to begin with?

For the same reason it's considered terrible practice when thread opener deletes his thread after issue has been resolved : the uses of the "useful stuff" posted isn't limited to thread opener (and over time it will most likely benefit other forum users more than the actual thread opener, given the subject ability to hold a rather large spectrum of interest (hope that's actual english)).
SunBeam
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bother.

Anything but what he posts is childish to him. He's so mature (you're using that a lot in your posts, aren't ya?) that a few years ago he told me he's gay and kept at it, with arguments, explanations, feels, etc. Didn't have any objections, I don't judge. You are what you are. I now learn he's got a girlfriend (I still have the chat logs). This aspect can easily be twisted in various ways: you were Wiccaan at the time, now you're atom0s Smile People change, right? I do hope lying/mockery also changes alongside. Just thought I'd bring this up, since we're talking about maturity. Of course, this is just text, a debate, with no effect whatsoever on your real self. What can I say, enjoy your transcendence. Just stop acting almighty, preaching to others things you're not capable of yourself.

With a real life, girlfriend and job(s), psychologically speaking, you lack emotional involvement with this forum. Check in every now and then, respond to people in need of help, regardless of purpose, mostly in same ol' field of activity of yours - coding - rigorously applying forum rules here and there, alongside edits and the casual "off-topic" warnings. Boring after a while, n'est-ce pas? Hey, I heard criticism is constructive. I won't complain if you post a summary of my e-persona, really.

In case you wonder why I am like this, it's your attitude that instigates/instigated me. And that's how my perception changed in a matter of hours/days. Again, not that you'd care. Will probably ignore this post as the previous and my PMs. As for his PM and 3-4 of mine, I could post them integrally, so there's no bitching over how I'm trying to create a favorable light for myself, but that would be pointless in the end. Same as this thread.

BR,
Sun

P.S.#1: Things I noticed: it's known practice to simply not say anything/reply when ignoring someone. Hopefully they go away (me). For me it works in reverse, I get pissed. Also, the fact that he doesn't say anything and lets text pile up has some sort of reverse-psychology effect: "Sun posted tons of shit, clearly instigating now; atom0s hasn't said a word" - so yeah, I'm clearly demonstrating how I am in cahoots with STN, right? Smile Or so one would think..

P.S.#2: I suggest closing this, Darkie. Unless you're waiting for the rest to speak their minds.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SunBeam wrote:

P.S.#2: I suggest closing this, Darkie. Unless you're waiting for the rest to speak their minds.

i'll leave it open for now but will just roll my eyes at it.

my opinion: emotions cause more harm than good.

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
atom0s

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fine, I'm already done with the thread if you want to close it DB.
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know who I can't stand? People.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my doubts that everyone on this forum is human. I don't mean that in a bad way, either.
SunBeam
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting for a Like system for phpBB. Some of these lines are too good not to thumb them up Very Happy Very Happy
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no need for this thread to be closed, it's a discussion and i plan to use it as a reference(maybe add more to it) in future to people who miss my posts that Wiccaan will nuke (He's obviously not very gay about it and the warnings/deletions will continue).

To quote Dark Byte
Quote:

Also, here's a few details about the forum and the rules:
1: There is no rule against being an asshole as long as topics do not turn into flamewars. (those get locked)

In short, do not feel intimidated by a moderator as they all answer to me and are on a very short leash.

I don't see a flamewar, i see a civilized discussion about confused sexuality, repressed hatred, Nazi'ism and even a nice forum suggestion which i vote for too.

Although, i agree it has served its purpose. I got a warning and i voiced against injustice to my heart's content yay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: