Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating an address using AoB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prokus
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Updating an address using AoB Reply with quote

well im trying to find an address using an AoB but whenever i search for it i get error "nothing found"... what am i doing wrong?

EDIT:
ive found this AoB: 83 C0 0A 89 45 C0 89 75 0C 8B 87 84 04 00 00 99 now i tried to update it to a later version using memory view -> search -> find memory -> AoB and when i do that i just get an error "nothing found" i set to range of the address from 00000000 to FFFFFFFF yet no luck

P.S if it matters im trying to update this address from v0.62 to v0.83

imgur . com /a/jJkfC (take off spaces)

Last edited by Prokus on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
ulysse31
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Updating an address using AoB Reply with quote

Prokus wrote:
well im trying to find an address using an AoB but whenever i search for it i get error "nothing found"... what am i doing wrong?

Clearly what you are doing wrong is this :
Welcome to Cheat Engine ! Please edit your question to show [what you have tried so far](http://mattgemmell.com/what-have-you-tried/). You should include a [Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable example](http://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve) of the code that you are having problems with, then we can try to help with the specific problem. You should also read [How to Ask](http://stackoverflow.com/help/how-to-ask).

Post a screen of the memory region you made your AOBscan for.
Post your AOBscan signature.

Since you intend for us to read your mind and guess what went wrong out of 0 evidence I will suggest that you enable all memory regions for your aobScan :
Right click near the writable/copyonwrite/executable checkbox in the scan section of the main window and chose preset scan all memory (then all checkboxes should be squared (neither checked neither unchecked, the code word for it is "partiallychecked" in QT)

//Answer to edit (note that I have to use edit because it refuses a double post)

Prokus wrote:

EDIT:
ive found this AoB: 83 C0 0A 89 45 C0 89 75 0C 8B 87 84 04 00 00 99

To make it easier for people to know when you've brought more information to your request it is better that you post a reply in place of an edit (because then there is a forum alert showing something new happened).

Note that the array you search for is
C0 0A 89 45 C0 89 75 0C 8B 87 84 04 00 00 99 83

whereas the array you claim to have found is
83 C0 0A 89 45 C0 89 75 0C 8B 87 84 04 00 00 99

Could you please provide a memory viewer screen of the bytes used for the signature ?
I am talking of the bytes from the "Bytes" column, in between address and opcode column from memory viewer.
Prokus
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Updating an address using AoB Reply with quote

thanks for your help!

whenever i paste\write the AoB the 83 just "stay" in his place and the rest of the code just pass it...

and this is a picture of the address+AoB from the version that does work:
i m g u r . c o m/a/yjeBE (again with the spaces..)
ulysse31
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try your AOB this way :
http://imgur.com/y46yqzw

Have highlighted important options.
If that doesn't work though, I wouldn't be too surprised as those two screens you provided have different executable names.
If those exe are not compiled by the same company (ie most likely different compiler settings / IDE) using the same base source code, asm signature are a lot more likely to fail.
Prokus
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i tried it with those settings yet no luck and about the source code.. well im sure that this game uses the same source code the name of the exe is because its a different private server but that game it self is based on the same code.. perhaps another way to find the address?
ulysse31
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prokus wrote:
perhaps another way to find the address?

Try other byte signatures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: