Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Guess or Method for an Actor Instance Pointer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OddIt
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Best Guess or Method for an Actor Instance Pointer Reply with quote

All o' ya!

I am unable to figure out how to get a particular actor (class instance) in a level each and every time the game is restarted so I can alter values, such as health.

Although I have managed the "player-currentactor-health" which means whatever character the player is playing as, it can have its health modified that way. However if you swap to another character, you can no longer alter the health of the character you were on.

The PC game in question is Munch's Oddysee HD V14. I am trying to make Abe and Munch Health Values alterable without having to swap back and forth to them as the player.

I am able to scan all the way to a static address which is green but it will change on level change/game restart/character dies .... basically it only lasts for that instance of the actor class. I've tried many things such as in memory viewer seeing if there is a base address but it appears to just use the exe as usual.....

I recently finished the Cheat Engine Tutorials but I still don't know how I could always determine the correct address for the Health of an instance of a certain actor class because the address was green. I have tried pointer scanning and got the results down to 5 but was no good in the end.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue... I AM POSITIVE THE ADDRESS IS ALWAYS GREEN AND I WILL UPLOAD A SCREENSHOT THE NEXT CHANCE I GET TO PROVE ON GAME RESTART IT NO LONGER IS VALID!

I've attached the CT I've been working on which I made with Cheat Engine 6.6.

Note: I feel I am at a novice level with Cheat Engine but unsure how to improve/expand my skillset. I have just read about Injection Copies (p=5526396) which might be the way to go but I was hoping to make my own little trainer with Visual Studio in C#, although I saw the Create Trainer with Cheat Engine Tutorial (t=454943) but still unfamiliar with it.

Last edited by OddIt on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
OddIt
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Guess or Method for an Actor Instance Pointer Reply with quote

OddIt wrote:
I AM POSITIVE THE ADDRESS IS ALWAYS GREEN AND I WILL UPLOAD A SCREENSHOT THE NEXT CHANCE I GET TO PROVE ON GAME RESTART IT NO LONGER IS VALID!

I have proven it! I am uploading my save files with my current Cheat Table and screenshots showing the green address is different on different instance of the abe actor (this means dying, restart level, restart game)

Google Drive: [HTTP]drive . google . com /file/d/0B-pQ4604iCrsOVFma1hybWItUFU

I have provided the save file of Fuel Fields where there is a health vending machine and you can jump in the water as Abe to lose some health or jump into the landmines, rinse and repeat.

Bonus: I have included the Loading Dock Save File with 0% Quarma thanks to knowing the basics of Cheat Engine to alter # saved and # dead before finishing each level where you could/were forced to rescue something.
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try using this green address in "modulename+moduleoffset" notation.
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgr.inz.Player wrote:
try using this green address in "modulename+moduleoffset" notation.

I started a new game and proceeded to the same level. It appears even the player-currentactor-health green address has changed to 012DFDE4. The offset remains 30 as before though when finding the green address. I had restarted my computer before but it had remained the same surprisingly......

Unfortunately I am unable to figure out what you mean by modulename+moduleoffset notation.

If I right click the green address of the "player-currentactor-health" and choose "Browse this memory region" I see:

Module=Munch.exe (when I open process in Cheat Engine == 00001AD0 )
Base=1AE7C000

When I restarted the game the current "Player-CurrentActor-Health" Pointer Address to the green address is still valid for now.

When I browsed the memory region I then saw:

Module=Munch.exe (when I open process to see it again == 00000910 )
Base=1BA7D000

I assume modulename is Munch.exe
However I do not understand what Module Offset is.....

I cannot see it being (Green Address - Base) or (Base - Module) because the base has changed which would mean 2 different results based on the data.

I have tried researching ModuleOffset but still unable to determine what that is.

In Memory Viewer under View I do have "Show Module Addresses" check-marked.

Please post formula and/or steps to calculate ModuleOffset.

Edit: When I go into Memory Viewer a few times, I noticed the Address List contains Munch.exe+2A8E72 .... it appears constant but is that the Module Offset? I believe not because I tried using it as address and as address pointer under Add Address Manually and it was not finding the same value and it wasn't even close to same address.

EDIT #2: AH I SEE, I HAD TO CLICK THE GREEN ADDRESS INTO THE BOTTOM ADDRESS LIST, THEN DOUBLE CLICK THE MEMORY ADDRESS CELL AND IT SHOWED ME Munch.exe+36FDE4 AND IT APPEARED TO KEEP IT ON GAME RESTART UNLIKE THE WAY I WAS DOING IT BEFORE!!!!

I also noticed saying Disassemble this memory region would yield the same notation, I will remember this! I will continue to see if abe health and munch health can persist as well now!
OddIt
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found what I needed.

Player-ClosestActor-Health [Float]

Address == "Munch.exe"+0037A020
Offset 0 == 20
Offset 1 == 8
Offset 2 == 108
Offset 3 == 30

This allows me to walk to the nearest enemy or ally and by setting the Health to 0 they die. This works on game restart and new levels loading!

I sorta lucked out finding this, I was pointer scanning an AI Health over and over, restart after restart, reload after reload.... Originally was trying to get the address of a NPC in a certain level every time I loaded up the level even after restarting the game, but this is much better!

Thank the Odd!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: