Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

C# Project with Database shit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lolAnonymous
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: C# Project with Database shit Reply with quote

Hello guys..

I am making a big project for my "Friends" only. I am using Sql Database..So I am directly coming to the point :

1) I have no idea that how to use database for that project (I know it with localhost Only) And I am not gonna send my database file along with my exe file.. So what should I do? Is it possible to add the database file in the solution?

Thanks In Advance.
atom0s

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either switch and use SqlLite if you want a local database file or you are goign to have to create a server to host the database and a middle-man solution to connect to the database. If you leave the database info inside of your exe you are just asking for it to be hacked.
lolAnonymous
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you leave the database info inside of your exe you are just asking for it to be hacked.

Actually I was thinking the same... So can u explain or send me a tutorial on how "to create a server to host the database and a middle-man solution to connect to the database"

Thanks for your reply...

Thanks In Advance.. Wink
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to buy a web server host that gives you a database.
Use whatever database and programming features they provide.
Setup a web application that accesses your database and executes the SQL.
Have the web application forward the results through HTTP.
Now within your trainer, it makes a call to that service to access your database.
Go read up on ASP if you like C#.
lolAnonymous
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I forgot to mention that I am going to learn ASP but because my exams are so near so it is making me confuse to decide that I should do the course now or not... Btw not doing the course now means wait 1 year...

Thanks Zanzer and Atom0s for both of your help... Very Happy
atom0s

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few methods you can go about doing what you are doing, it mainly depends on how much time you plan to invest into the project and how much money you have for hosting.

If you want to go cheap on hosting, then you are going to land up doing something in PHP or another simple and commonly supported language.

If you want to do things a bit more proper, you will want Windows based hosting that supports WCF services. And you will want to write a WCF service to process your requests and such which integrates directly into C# properly.

For the PHP methods, you can do things multiple ways.

1. A simple PHP script that takes URL variables either via GET requests or via POST requests. You can do things like:
Code:
yourscript.php?action=login&username=SomeName&password=SomePersonsPassword

This is usually the most common for quick thrown together things.
Keep in mind since you are doing all the work you need to code things carefully or else they will be vulnerable to SQL injection.

2. You could build out a REST or SOAP API interface with any of the thousands of free scripts available online. This would let you make things like:
Code:
yoursite.com/api/login/SomeName/SomePassword

If you want something like this, I'd recommend Slim Framework.

3. Doing a SOAP API similar to REST, there are dozens of things similar to Slim Framework that handle with SOAP instead.

If you want to go a more proper route, and can afford the extra hosting for a Windows based server, I would recommend you write WCF services to communicate with your database.

ASP is not worth investing time into learning. The language is terrible, has very low usage in the industry and is overall underwhelming and slow. Most sites today use things such as PHP, Node.JS, or other more advanced and custom frameworks. Node.JS is probably the most popular currently which you could write out a service to handle things in too, you just need to make sure the host you choose supports it.

Overall I'd recommend since you are using C#, is to write WCF services as they are made for exactly what you are doing.

Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft, Java all the way!
lolAnonymous
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

atom0s

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply Reply with quote

MasterHacking321 wrote:
Quote:
I'd recommend since you are using C#, is to write WCF services as they are made for exactly what you are doing.

OK so I searched Google for WCF

But still I don't know how to use it... I mean Idk how to set it for my Database...

Can u send me any tutorial or guide me a little..

Thanks In Advance Smile

WCF basically just turns a normal application into a Windows Service that runs through IIS. It is not much different than writing a normal console application in C#. The only difference is adding a small amount of code to expose what functions can be accessed via the service.

You would communicate with your database in the same manner a normal application would. C# is recommended to use the MySQL Connector from MySQL in general. Which will work with MySQL, MeriaDB, Percona and other similar database systems.

Based on your other posts, I'm assuming you have no idea what you are doing. You should go learn the language first instead of trying to jump into more major topics like this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: