Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how do i work with these? please help

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fujji
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: how do i work with these? please help Reply with quote

Hey guys, i've done some searching, and while i've found the stickied posts VERY informative, they arent what i'm looking for.

I've got a semi-functioning knowledge on how to use cheat engine just from trial and error. as in... i can figure out how to search values and freeze them or increase/decrease them to a degree. very rudimentary stuff.

the screenshot is from a game i'm currently playing. for the first time i had to search values using unknown initial value. this was because even though the numbers appeared on screen, my search would be inconclusive.

so the first 3 objects "1059" that's my hp and it's actually displayed in game as 529

the other two values "369" is my mp which has an ingame display of 184

as a noob, this is very confusing for me. i've been able to lock them so that they dont decrease in battle, but i also would like to figure out how to adjust my exp and gold, assuming they work under the same process.

tl:dr

I've googled all types of converters, but what do i use to figure out how 1059 equals in game 529 or how 369 comes to 184. how do i utilize these two clues to get my other values?

what's goin on.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.82 KB
 Viewed:  10543 Time(s)

what's goin on.JPG

ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like you didn't look too much considering you missed the topic that says "Announcement: Tutorial Forum (NO TOPICS ASKING QUESTIONS)".

You can look at that and guess it's value*2+1, but even if you don't see that, use basic algebra.
Code:
a*x + b = y
a*529 + b = 1059
b = 1059 - a*529

a*184 + b = 369
a*184 + 1059 - a*529 = 369
-345*a = -690
a = 2

b = 1059 - 2*529
b = 1

2*x + 1 = y

For more advanced encodings, look around the instructions that access the address.

fujji
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
It seems like you didn't look too much considering you missed the topic that says "Announcement: Tutorial Forum (NO TOPICS ASKING QUESTIONS)".

sorry and thank you, I saw it but i took a risk/gamble on if people would get upset based off the replies on the other two recent threads asking for help.

lesson learned though and help appreciated. i'm not the greatest at math but this will serve as a good foothold to figure out the rest of the values.

thansk, really
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no problem. For some reason a lot of people ignore that rule. You're not going to get in trouble for it unless you do it repeatedly.

For future reference, a better forum for this kind of topic would be General Gamehacking or General Discussions.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: