Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some tips on finding annoying value (Laps)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XaneXXXX
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Need some tips on finding annoying value (Laps) Reply with quote

I'm playing a racing game. It doesn't really matter what game it is, But It's a single player game.

I have found lap race timer/car position so that I'm always first etc. But i wanna be able to modify the current laps. For example if i start a race with 10 laps, i wanna make the game think that i have completed those 10 laps in the first lap. What I've tried:

Looked close to the structure of the laptime/race position. Nothing obvious there (i did a changed/unchanged). But it MIGHT be something there, because when i found the race position it didn't help to just change the value. i had to make a code injection.

I have found the visual value, single byte values which shows the current lap, and close to that is the number if laps (10 laps in this case). But It's only the visual value and I'm not that good with break and trace so i don't know if i can do anything with the visual one?

I also tried scanning with unknown initial value, and then changed/unchanged, but it is pretty much impossible since it is a BIG game. Even tho i go like 5 laps, i still have around 50000 addresses left, and the game crashes before i can test them.

Any tips you guys can give me? Cheers!
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends on how the game has been programmed. You may have better luck using ultimap.

If you drive a few feet in the beginning of the race, then teleport or fly in a small circle, so that you are able to cross the finish line, does the lap register...or are there visible/invisible checkpoints located throughout the track? It could also be keeping track of miles traveled or distance left or some other nonsense. I would start with that.

If no luck, then use ultimap and search for calls that get executed when the lap number changes.
XaneXXXX
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
It really depends on how the game has been programmed. You may have better luck using ultimap.

If you drive a few feet in the beginning of the race, then teleport or fly in a small circle, so that you are able to cross the finish line, does the lap register...or are there visible/invisible checkpoints located throughout the track? It could also be keeping track of miles traveled or distance left or some other nonsense. I would start with that.

If no luck, then use ultimap and search for calls that get executed when the lap number changes.

There are visible checkpoints that i have to go through before i can cross the finish line. If i skip a checkpoint it says that i have to go back and go through it before i can continue. I don't know how many checkpoints it is because the are no counter, so i'll have to count them manually if i need to know, shouldn't be a problem since i can pick a short race. Thanks for the tips, Gonna try and find some info about the checkpoints/distance traveled. Never used Ultimap before but I'm gonna check it out! Will report back, cheers Very Happy
rog9001
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XaneXXXX could you tell me what the game is? I know you said
Quote:
It doesn't really matter what game it is, But It's a single player game.

but I wanna know. Maybe I have it and might have the cheat to change the amount of laps (I wont give you the cheat (that's if I have it) I will give you some tips).
Note: I have 100+ racing games including the newest Forza Horizon 3, etc.
XaneXXXX
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rog9001 wrote:
XaneXXXX could you tell me what the game is? I know you said
Quote:
It doesn't really matter what game it is, But It's a single player game.

but I wanna know. Maybe I have it and might have the cheat to change the amount of laps (I wont give you the cheat (that's if I have it) I will give you some tips).
Note: I have 100+ racing games including the newest Forza Horizon 3, etc.

The game is forza horizon 3, the reason that i didn't wanna tell is because you CAN play online. But i have the cracked version which is completely offline so.

Any tips you might have is appriciated! Also I would not ask you to give me your cheats since i do this mostly for learning.
rog9001
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XaneXXXX wrote:
The game is forza horizon 3, the reason that i didn't wanna tell is because you CAN play online. But i have the cracked version which is completely offline so.

Any tips you might have is appriciated! Also I would not ask you to give me your cheats since i do this mostly for learning.

Where did you get the cracked version? I bought the game from the windows store and just to tell you single player and multiplayer are linked so I would probably get banned if I were to make cheats for it. But if I had a cracked version then maybe I would be able to (please tell me where you got it from also what extension does the file which you download have .appx or .exe).
XaneXXXX
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rog9001 wrote:
XaneXXXX wrote:

Where did you get the cracked version? I bought the game from the windows store and just to tell you single player and multiplayer are linked so I would probably get banned if I were to make cheats for it. But if I had a cracked version then maybe I would be able to (please tell me where you got it from also what extension does the file which you download have .appx or .exe).

I sent you a PM. And yes you will get banned, I've heard some reports of it.

Quick update: I managed to find the checkpoints value, i guess that there are visual because i can't change any of them. The race i drive atm has 10 checkpoints, when i cross the finishline to the next lap, the count resets back to 0 etc.

Edit: Confirmed visual value. Checkpoints disapper (visually) when i nop the value. But the checkpoints are still there and counting.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are checkpoints, you'll need to discern if there is an order that must be followed, or if it's simply a count that must be satisfied. Skip a checkpoint and pass through the next one to determine if an order is required. Depending on what you discover may dictate how you should proceed.

Anyway, I have about zero experience with racing games, so my help will only be based on theory. Perhaps rog9001 can better assist.
rog9001
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a tip which I can give you as of now is... look through the game files and see if there is anything in them. I made a bunch of cheats for a bunch of games by finding useful stuff in the files (extensions which I looked through: .xml, .bin).
XaneXXXX
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rog9001 wrote:
Well a tip which I can give you as of now is... look through the game files and see if there is anything in them. I made a bunch of cheats for a bunch of games by finding useful stuff in the files (extensions which I looked through: .xml, .bin).

That's the first thing i did, forza horizon 3 files are so weird.. there are nothing there, at least not that i can open and check.. this is what the files look like:

In those folders are more folder, with more "weird" files haha..

I can also open some of them with winrar/7zip.. even more files:

++METHOS wrote:
If there are checkpoints, you'll need to discern if there is an order that must be followed, or if it's simply a count that must be satisfied. Skip a checkpoint and pass through the next one to determine if an order is required. Depending on what you discover may dictate how you should proceed.

Anyway, I have about zero experience with racing games, so my help will only be based on theory. Perhaps rog9001 can better assist.

I will keep that in mind, thanks METHOS! Smile

More info about the weird files here: https://techraptor.net/content/understanding-forza-horizon-3s-encryption-atari1337
rog9001
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ya I forgot that all of them have the weirdest extensions xD
Maybe that's why everyone is having issues with the game. Oh ya. Every download link says "File not Found"
XaneXXXX
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rog9001 wrote:
Oh ya I forgot that all of them have the weirdest extensions xD
Maybe that's why everyone is having issues with the game. Oh ya. Every download link says "File not Found"

Hm well, i don't know what i can do about that.. Maybe they'll reupload them soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: