Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding float Vector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zyl___
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Finding float Vector Reply with quote

I am trying to find a float vector, meaning 3 floats totalling 12 bytes, in the Unity3D Editor. They have crappy camera controls so I want to create my own one, but the camera transform is not modifiable through scripts.

However, I get around 400 addresses that appear to be correct, but are slightly different. I assume some of those to simply be stuff that is placed close to the camera, such as AudioListener components and other stuff. The exact coordinates of the view camera aren't shown anywhere, so I can't go by exact float value.

Another cause may be that the application is likely utilizing garbage collection (since C# is one of the supported script languages in Unity) and even code obfuscation.

Now, I am able to move the camera through CheatEngine, but it required me to set all 400 of those values. I wish it was possible to get closer to the actual value.

I know my fair share of C++, but am completely lost with x86 assembly (and x64, for that matter). I really want to take this apart, but where do I start?
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change half of those 400, if camera moves, delete the unchanged half, if camera didn't move, delete the changed half, rinse and repeat until one address remains.
Zyl___
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooleko wrote:
Change half of those 400, if camera moves, delete the unchanged half, if camera didn't move, delete the changed half, rinse and repeat until one address remains.

That... is brilliant! Search algorithm 101. I'll try it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: