Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can this be done?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinPoint
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Can this be done? Reply with quote

I am extending my Pokemon Uranium item changer table here http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=677006

Currently the user has to manually search for a value that the table gives them then manually change the found address to get what they want.
I want to be able to replicate this in a script, I have no experience with Lua but am under the impression things like this are done through lua scripts.
Because the memory for the items in game is all over the place and the same 1 instruction seems to be used for EVERYTHING in the game,i have elected this method of doing it.

sorry if this is a bit all over the place, its a bit hard to explain simply....

so, I have a value stored in a registered symbol "_ToSearch" and I want a script to search for this value and change the address it relates to. However there will be at least 2 addresses, and one will be the "_ToSearch" (which got its value via a createthread() script). I only want to change one of them, and only when there are 2 addresses left as the "_ToSearch" address is lower in memory as there could be a compare and only write to the largest address out of the 2
I want it to search for this via an array or an 8byte hex value and then I want to write to this address via another registered symbol/user input like "_NewItem" (i can do this part it is just the search really that i don't know how to do)
when I write to the address It will be prob be an array or an 8byte value.

edit...once the search is done and the address is stored i want to automatically de activate the script so if the user changes the items it wont affect anything until it is re activated

Anyone able to point me in the direction of what I am looking for?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: