Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How would I be able to edit attack range of skills?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wghaven
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject: How would I be able to edit attack range of skills? Reply with quote

Hey guys, I am playing a game where I know it is possible to modify the attack range of skills, the skills do state an attack range but it appears they are not the actual values.

I was wondering how I could discover the attack ranges, one of the possible ways I thought of would have been to attack in and out of the ranges, however the game simply walks my character over to the distance at which it can do the attack instead of giving me any errors (e.g telling me the spell is out of range)

If anyone could assist me in how I could possibly find the address I would appreciate it, thank you!
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the same skill can change attack range (e.g. by upgrading), then you can try searching for an increased value when that happens (or vice versa). If that doesn't work, try changing skills and scanning for the different values that way.
If those methods are not possible, look at data structure dissection or referenced strings/functions and/or symbols.
wghaven
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
If the same skill can change attack range (e.g. by upgrading), then you can try searching for an increased value when that happens (or vice versa). If that doesn't work, try changing skills and scanning for the different values that way.
If those methods are not possible, look at data structure dissection or referenced strings/functions and/or symbols.

Thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate the help. Trying both methods didn't seem to work for me so I looked into data structure dissection and referenced strings, I have no experience with using these so I did research them a little.

I didn't really understand how to use data structure in regards to finding structures about skills, I went on to look at referenced strings and in the skill information I am able to change the text which normally says "attack range -(range in Meters)" I was wondering if there was a way to possibly get the address from there somehow?

Sorry for all of this, just a newbie trying to learn a little more haha.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe. As a newbie, it may be difficult for you. I cannot give you any definitive answers, either, since every game is different and I have no idea what you're working with. You can try to analyze the code...backtrace and set breakpoints etc. to determine what you are working with. Alternatively, you can try to isolate a relative routine with ultimap.

Without more information, all anyone can do is give you general responses.
wghaven
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
Maybe. As a newbie, it may be difficult for you. I cannot give you any definitive answers, either, since every game is different and I have no idea what you're working with. You can try to analyze the code...backtrace and set breakpoints etc. to determine what you are working with. Alternatively, you can try to isolate a relative routine with ultimap.

Without more information, all anyone can do is give you general responses.

Yeah I think my lack of experience in doing anything more advanced in Cheat Engine is the barrier here, I do think that I'm overthinking things when trying to get an address, there probably is an easy way to scan for what I'm looking for.

I feel like if I give more information it'd require an individual to have to look at the game and experiment with it themselves for them to understand it too which is something no-one would have a reason to do.

Anyway thank you for the help it's some things I can look into to try and help me on my CE journey Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: