Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CT preparation plugin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source -> Plugin development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h3x1c
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: CT preparation plugin. Reply with quote

I know this is something that's stupidly simple to make, but I'm a complete newbie with programming, so I just wanted to ask what the best path would be to clean a CT in preparation to be shared.

So, basically, an automated way within CE to delete data structures, stuff in the code list, etc.--everything but the cheats themselves.

I came up with a Python script that will do the job, but I'd love to have this as an option under Table (Table -> Clean CT) or something of the sort.

If this takes 2 seconds to cook up and you don't mind, feel free; however, I'm just interested in direction at this point. Lua? Delphi? Something else?

Thanks for any advice!

I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most straightforward way would be to edit the CT file itself. If you only want to save the address list, delete everything unimportant outside the CheatEntries tag.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CheatTable CheatEngineTableVersion="21">
  <CheatEntries>
    <!-- Leave everything in here -->
  </CheatEntries>
</CheatTable>

Not everything in CE is exposed to Lua as of this point, so you won't be able to remove everything from the currently opened CT. You could, however, open a CT file on disk in Lua and remove what you want.

Small file size discrepancies aren't something most people would be concerned with, and considering it's really easy to fix (usually just structure dissect->file->delete all structures), a feature like this seems superfluous.

h3x1c
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
The most straightforward way would be to edit the CT file itself. If you only want to save the address list, delete everything unimportant outside the CheatEntries tag.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CheatTable CheatEngineTableVersion="21">
  <CheatEntries>
    <!-- Leave everything in here -->
  </CheatEntries>
</CheatTable>

Not everything in CE is exposed to Lua as of this point, so you won't be able to remove everything from the currently opened CT. You could, however, open a CT file on disk in Lua and remove what you want.

Small file size discrepancies aren't something most people would be concerned with, and considering it's really easy to fix (usually just structure dissect->file->delete all structures), a feature like this seems superfluous.

Yeah, editing the CT itself is what I've managed to do via a Python script at this point (it basically does what you pointed out). I'm also playing with obfuscating CTs by stripping comments, renaming labels/symbols/allocs/etc. to arbitrary names, etc. just for the sake of messing about and learning some stuff along the way.

Anyway, I was just curious if there was a way to achieve the same thing in CE directly via one click, more so for my own purposes and experimentation/learning in general.

Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is, I posted a tool for this a great while ago and Mgr.inz posted a different approach:

forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5544846
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source -> Plugin development All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: