Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

controllerComboHandler v1.00 for CE6.5.1 and newer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Extensions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: controllerComboHandler v1.00 for CE6.5.1 and newer Reply with quote

Initial release.

Features:
Detects twelve buttons:
- standard A B X Y (aka cross circle square triangle),
- directional pad DL DD DL DR (up, down, left and right)
- LB RB buttons (aka R1 and R2)
- LA RA buttons - left stick press and right stick press (aka L3 R3)

Detects combinations of pressed buttons: e.g. any two or more buttons pressed at the same time

Detects collisions. So you won't accidentally trigger other combo.

You can define combo by simply calling addNewCombo function with a string, e.g. "AB , BY , AX"

"AB , BY , AX" means - press A and B, then release buttons, then press B and Y, then release buttons, then press A and X, then release buttons.

"AB , BY , AX" is a different combo than "AB , BY , ABX", and executing the first combo won't activate the second, and vice versa.

There is "norelease" option. If you want smooth combo, something like "press DL, then hit A, then Y, then X, then B while DL still pressed, then release all buttons" you can define combo as "norelease DLA , DLY , DLX , DLB"

"norelease DLA , DLY , DLX , DLB" is a different combo than "DLA , DLY , DLX , DLB"
as mentioned earlier first is "press DL, then A, then Y, then X, then B while DL still pressed, release buttons"
the second is "press DL and A, then release buttons, press DL and Y, ..." and so on

Hmm, maybe it would be better to change option name from "norelease" to "smooth" ?

Usage:
Code:
controllerComboHandler.registeredCombos = {} -- clean

controllerComboHandler.addNewCombo(  'comboname'  ,  functionToCall  ,  "comboString" )

controllerComboHandler.addNewCombo(  'comboname'  ,  MemoryRecordActivationToggle  ,  "comboString" )

controllerComboHandler.startListening() - starts controllerComboHandler

controllerComboHandler.stopListening() - stops controllerComboHandler

Example:

Code:
function myFunc()
  -- something here
end

memoryRecord = getAddressList().getMemoryRecordByDescription('Stamina')

controllerComboHandler.registeredCombos = {}

controllerComboHandler.addNewCombo('renovate equipped weapon', myFunc, "DLX , DLB , DLX")
controllerComboHandler.addNewCombo('infinite stamina', memoryRecord, "DLX , DLB , DLB , DLX")

controllerComboHandler.startListening()

controllerComboHandler.lua
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  controllerComboHandler.lua
 Filesize:  8.11 KB
 Downloaded:  1118 Time(s)

I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From other thread:
predprey wrote:
i could probably make a GUI for mgr.inz's extension and add an entry just below the CE's Set Hotkey option but note the increased overhead of pass through the lua engine.

of course the best of both world would be to port or mimic mgr.inz's extension in pascal and redesign CE's hotkey form to accomodate the two different styles of setting hotkeys for gamepad and keyboard, but my skill level is not up to par, yet Rolling Eyes

TLDR; i'll do up a GUI for mgr.inz's controllercombo extension sooner but probably later Laughing

Creating a GUI, it's on my "to do" list since few weeks... but

1) getXBox360ControllerState, this is a new feature. It requires CE6.5.1 and most people do not update to recent version. Just because. They clearly do not watch CE bug-tracker and CE changes on GitHub.

2) Surprisingly, there's no feedback on current version of controllerComboHandler extension.

3) Not much free time.

About "increased overhead of pass through the lua engine". Those games are using Lua (massive) scripts:
- Shadow Warrior
- Legend of Grimrock
- Don't Starve
- Crysis
- Painkiller
- STALKER series

So, one thread for controllerComboHandler is not a big deal.

Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IKR, TFW no one seems to notice our extensions buried here Laughing
i'm sure it will gain traction after a while.

my mental yardstick for overhead and cpu load still isn't calibrated from experience yet. still a greenhorn scriptkiddie Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Extensions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: