Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time PS2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Single player cheat request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TidesofMercy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:01 am    Post subject: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time PS2 Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I am very new to this... I am trying to create/update some cheats for Star Ocean Till the End of Time. I am doing this by way of Cheat Engine 6.4 and am hoping to create Codebreaker codes from them. (I am hoping to eventually be able to use them on my PS2.)

I am trying to create party slot modifiers, and I think I am pretty close!

Thus far I have initial address values and the values that correlate to each character in Hexadecimal. My confusion comes from not knowing if I have the exact code, and not really knowing how to switch them over to Codebreaker.
Ex. 20611670 is the modified address value - Slot one Modifier I also got another value too (3000C987, which is the memory address that writes this address) These numbers are tied to Slot one. The values that attached to these addresses are as follows:
1- Fayt 00000001
2 - Sophia
3- Maria
4- Cliff
5- Nel
6- Albel
7- Roger
8- Peppita
9- Adray
10- Mirage
Each slot is separated by the amount of C4 in hexadecimal so slot 2 - 20611734 the numbers in parentheses are not separated by C4.
I have been at this for several hours, so if anyone could help me get back on track I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

PS.
Slot 2: Written address (300093CC)
Slot 3: (301D6BCC)
Interestingly enough, the base stats that are attached to characters starting at level 1 do not carry over with them when they are modified in the party, each is displayed as level 0 with 1 hp and 1 mp. All other stats are 0.

Sorry everyone! It probably shows that I have no idea what I am doing! Any help would be appreciated! Smile
TidesofMercy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump* I know that it is really unlikely that anyone will be able to help.
fmalust
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh. Did you ever manage to get the codes working? I've been searching for such codes for 5 years now, but I have zero knowledge of code deciphering and such. Sad You'd make me the happiest person alive if you got it working...!!! T_T
TidesofMercy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I am familiar with your asking previously, I was watching those topics to see if anyone had figured anything out!! lol. I am still unsure as to how to do any coding, (ie. finding an actual working cheat code.) but I was able to change character values on the emulator. Unfortunately, the values are on a case by case basis. It seems as though it changes any time a party member gains anything (level, exp, hp, etc.). I would be more than happy to help you with an emulator save file if you'd like. I was finally able to get Adray out of my party Smile

Know this however, I still haven't figured out the values to actually add a character from scratch, rather I can modify existing character slots. So for example, when you get to the first world, I could change Fayt into any character, however they will still have his initial stats. (eg. 350 health.)

12272537_10207692228880535_837090849_n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.7 KB
 Viewed:  10109 Time(s)

12272537_10207692228880535_837090849_n.jpg

fmalust
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awh... That's really unfortunate. I assume they'd retain his leveling curve too? Because all I really care for is having Peppita and Sophia in my party from the get-go, until the very end... :\
TidesofMercy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm honestly not too sure about the leveling curve. At this point I would be able to add one character to your party as soon as Fayt reaches Whipple. The other character could be added as soon as you get Cliff. After you modify the values, the game seems to recognize the character as their own entity, namely their last names and costumes change. I am just still not sure how to give each character their own initial stat values and such. I have also not tried leveling the characters normally after modifying them. I did however try fighting a battle with a character added from scratch (with 1 hp, 1 mp and 0 everything else.) The game freezes after the battle ends, because technically no character should ever be level 0. I was hoping that if they got to level 1 that their beginning stats would come to them... Still some kinks to work out with this coding. I am a complete novice at this lol. I'm also not sure what would happen at the points in the game where characters leave the party, or what will happen when the characters in question actually join you! Sadly, I've just not had much time to play around with it, and my knowledge of Cheat Engine is minimal at best. So far all I have been able to do is alter the character in the slot, and change which costume they have on in battle! (I haven't found the values for Fayt and Sophia's two extra costumes yet though...)

I really hope that at some point I will be able to play the game with modified characters on my PS2!

PS. Sophia has a hard time hitting some of the enemies in Pesotto Forest! It always bothered me the point at which she joins the party. I haven't tried Peppita there yet.
fmalust
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... There was a guy whom I asked 4 years ago. He actually FOUND the code... But he never took the time to share them at that point. His laptop containing the codes ended up dying eventually, and that was the last I heard from him because website took on dump on itself temporarily... Sad I was really heart broken because as soon as he said he found the codes, I was full of happy! Lol.

I remember him mentioning the game would crash when Sophia and Peppita joined eventually; that they had to be removed before joining, and they retained their stats I believe. It's a real shame... Literally bought the game on release looking forward to playing as Sophia, thinking it'd be like Star Ocean 2 where you pick Fayt or Sophia, and I was even more excited about Peppita. Then they pull the rug from under my feet until near the end of the game lol. Q_Q

I wish I could help you out in searching and finding the absolute codes... All I can do is wish you the best of luck, and hope someone will be nice enough to help out. Sad
fmalust
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had any luck so far? D: Hopefully you're making progress, or someone's out there trying to help us find the appropriate codes. T_T >_<
fmalust
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose you've given up, huh? D:
fmalust
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperate bump. Sad
fmalust
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/14408-Star-Oceean-Till-The-End-of-Time-Request-Codebreaker-to-add-characters-into-party

I have no idea if you're still visiting/reading, TidesOfMercy, but this guy has shared what he's collected. Something about hash values and hash check values. I don't know what that means AT ALL, but maybe you might?
TidesofMercy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I do not understand what that means either. I am definitely not a coder of any kind! Much like you, I want to be able to start the game as a different character! I have not had time to mess with cheat engine in a while Sad. For some reason I never received a notice that anyone had posted in this topic or I would have responded sooner!

Sorry about that. Hopefully the person on gamehacking.org will be able to help us out further! I actually happened upon your most recent post by chance when I was looking up the game!

I also wanted to work on the costume values for the characters because it always bothered me that Fayt and Sophia have two costumes that are unavailable outside of the Paracelsus Table and Hyda IV. I really like those costumes.... lol
tyes99
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject: Costumes Reply with quote

You can unlock alternate costumes by completing the battle trophies. There's up to 4 variations for each character to use. You can only change them in the status screen of the character. Unless there is some other costume that was used?
TidesofMercy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the costumes that were worn on Hyda IV are not available in the status menu after unlocking battle trophies.

There is the regular Hyda IV costume (The one that is scribbled on/autographed and Sophia's tanktop, and the battle simulator costume, which is basically the same costumes with laser armor. I cannot post links to pictures of them.

I was looking in the cheats to see if there was a way to change Fayt and Sophia into these Smile. So far I've not found anything just ways to change into the four normally available in the status screen.
fmalust
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to reply to the thread I made on gamehacking.org, but it's been requiring admin approval. I've made two posts so far and neither have been approved. I'm worried and scared Skiller will think I'm ignoring the topic and stopped carring. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Single player cheat request All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: